𝐞𝐬𝐭.𝟎𝟏𝟕 { Run ins }

"𝙰 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜."
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

For as long as I could remember, writing in my journal has always brought me tranquility. It was therapeutic and a stress reliever when I was constantly overwhelmed by the media.

As I flipped through the very last empty page of my worn out book, I could think of only one thing.

Writing was all I wanted to do.

It was safe, comfortable and most of all familiar. When I wrote people could only judge the letters on the page, not the name that came with it, unless there was a reason to.

That's what I loved about it. I would be in charge of the tabloids, newspapers and blogs everyone sees.

I could change the negative narrative of the media. I could help influential people not feel so attacked by the media.

And most importantly I could prevent what's happening to me.

Like myself, my mother was consumed by fame. It's perks and it's consequences altogether. She craved the feeling of both sides and it was scary to think I ever took any of her advice. She was a model herself. Some might say one of the greatest to do it.

Look where she was now

As I scanned the hall of the room number I was looking for, I spot the entrance to room 117. A giant black and white poster covered the door in a newspaper theme.

In large bold letters "Newspaper Club Interest Meeting" was spelled out, which instantly grabbed my attention. I was in the right place and I could save myself the embarrassment from walking into the wrong room.

As soon as I walked in a women who looked to be in charge greeted me, standing up from her computer desk. Her coiled hair pulled into a tight bun, and a blouse that looked more expensive than my designer shoes covered her body.

"Good morning, I'm Ms. Rayes. Here for the interest meeting?" she questions. She stood at the front of the room with a stack of papers in her hand, brought closely to her chest. Forms for new members to fill out I'm guessing.

As if Mrs.Rayes read my mind she flicks her tongue with one finger, swipes it across the edge of the paper, handing me one.

"Yes, I'm Sage." I replied, taking the paper avoiding the part she put her saliva on.

"I'm glad you've decided to join us today Sage. Take a seat wherever you feel comfortable and begin filling out the form." She sat back down continuing her rapid typing on the computer before her.

I find my way towards the empty clusters of chairs in the middle row. It was quite early seeing as the meeting started in twenty minutes but one thing I learned in the modeling industry was being early is on time.

"Hey, Sage." I look up from the form I was filling out and met with a familiar face.

The girl from English. Her name was on the tip of my tongue but my memory was doing everything but remembering what she had introduced herself as last time I seen her.

Before I could respond she speaks. "You don't remember my name don't you. It's fine this is definitely not the first time." She smiles brightly revealing her pearly whites and I notice some of her speech is off but I don't say anything.