𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟒𝟑 { Don't You Hate Cooking }

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚌𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚍."

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Welcome back everyone." Professor Okoye walks through the double doors sporting his dual blazer and a briefcase in one hand.

Within seconds everyone who isn't already seated heads for their designated chairs, dodging each other in the process. "Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving break with your families, god knows I didn't but we all can't have what we want." A faint ripple of chuckles erupt in the room before he continues. "Unfortunately college life is going to get real in the next few minutes as I hand out grades. Granted, most of you passed and well for the rest of you, I'll see you in office hours."

I tense knowing my mind hadn't been there much lately. I couldn't afford to bomb this class.

The room grows silent as he walks around the classroom, handing everyone back their Midterm exams. Some people release a sigh of relief with a grateful smile, others ignore the piece of paper, simply shoving it into their bags without giving it a second glance and a few select silently curse underneath their breaths, probably regretting choosing at the last minute to study.

I, on the other hand, smile brightly when my paper gracefully falls on my desk in front of me. An A minus graces the corner of my pamphlet and I can't help but be overjoyed. Not bad.

Professor Okoye nods in approval.

I get a few longing stares but not because of my reaction.

Today, I was far more exposed clothing wise and I was constantly being reminded of it. The top half of my face wasn't covered by a baseball cap and my hoodie was replaced with a knit flannel and bodysuit inside. I'm not blind my change of style did result in some looks but nothing I wasn't used to. People were going to stare. I knew that.

Once class ended early I made it my mission to be the first one out even though I sat closer to the middle side of the room.

A soft whistle grabs my attention and I glance over my shoulder, expecting another senior to be staring me down like prey but immediately a smile covers my lips when Miles walks up behind me in three short strides, already stretching his arms out.

"Miles!" I throw my arms over his humongous torso and he returns the hug, squeezing me half to death. His pearly white smile pairs well with a sporty bomber jacket and dark cargo jeans. I don't miss the arts and craft beaded necklace around his neck that spelled M + B. "How was your break?

We fall into the same even steps as we walk outside Flint Hall and into the Quad. "It was great, really. My mom and step-dad came into town and of course Bria enjoyed having them over to constantly annoy. You?" He returns the question.

I notice he doesn't mention anything about Vic.

"Truthfully." I slowed my pace, so it was easier to talk and make eye contact with him. "It was great at first. I got to see my little brother and meet my dads potential girlfriend but then I went to see my mother...and well it just went downhill from there."

"So we hate her?" Miles conjures up the simple fact after hearing the way I sounded.

"We hate her." I confirm.

As we walk across campus the stares become blatantly obvious and I questioned if I had missed anything. All my social media apps have been deleted off my phone and I asked Kelsey to private all my accounts in my resignation letter. Now that I think about it, was a bad idea.