𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟐𝟏 { Lingerie Reunion }

"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗."
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Vic took a deep breath once again before lowering her tone.

"No, she can't come to the phone right now." She said, rolling her eyes in annoyance. The fake happiness in her voice is undetectable to the director on the phone.

I felt bad because I know Sam was looking forward to seeing me again.

I was scheduled for a shoot today. More specifically a lingerie line that I remember telling Kelsey I did not want to participate in.

"Sage? She's actually ill— yeah very sick. Can't even get out of bed you know," she adds convincingly. I give her a what the fuck look before she shrugs.

"Shit," I whisper to myself. If Kelsey found out she'll probably come down here herself or even worse send that dick of her brother to check on me.

I don't know which one would be worse

Vic finally hangs up slouching in my bed soon after. "They're very persistent." She yawns before getting comfortable on my bed. My decorative pillows were now on the floor as Vic rested her head in my lap. I smoothed the fly always on her hair as she sighs.

After being apart for more than two days we were in desperate need of catching up. Between counseling and Vics practices we've barely got to hang out like we used to and neither of us were happy about it.

"You're telling me that. I've had to deal with them for more than three years," I say no more tired than she was. Vic looked exhausted and I could tell practice for this competition was defeating her.

My best friend looked worned out. Her usual upkeep was changing with every single opinion from her parents. I could tell her passion for ballet had died completely and them forcing this competition was destroying her love for dance altogether.

But despite that Vic put the brightest smile on her face, which started to reflect my own.

"So has your dad said anything yet? I'm tired of you having to fake smiles for Kelsey and her shttty team."

"I wish. My contract looks locked tight and we're running out of ideas."

Ping Ping

I look over to my phone to see my Matt calling. My lawyer. Dad had sent me his number a few days ago in case he needed to contact me about some things

"Hey Matt, any news?" I ask directly. Vic had left the room abruptly not giving me a chance to ask where she was heading.

"Ms. Winters, I'm here to talk about the progress of your case. Well, more like the lack of it." He clarifies. I nod nervously as if he can see me and he adds, "To put things into perspective I can no longer assist you. Your contract has been ongoing for almost four years and it ends in another."

"What do you mean you can't help? We've barely even begun. Don't tell me you're quitting on me." I question with concern.

"Sage there's insufficient evidence about your pain and suffering. You've been MIA for the past month according to your agency. So unless you get some more negative press there's not much I can do for you."