𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟔𝟓 { How Do I Say Goodbye? }

"𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍, 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗?"
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Combined with beach winds causing the window shutters to flap against the window glass and an already lightened sky, my eyes flickered open to the stream of warmth hitting the edge of my bed.

It felt like I had closed my eyes to the moon one moment and opened them to the sun violating my vision the next.

Although we were a good distance away from the beach, you could hear that the town was awake and alive with kid-friendly public events, surfers who'd probably been up since sunrise catching waves and the smell of salt lingering in the air.

I froze as the arm slung across my waist tightened its grip. Never mind this is not my bed. Zach's warm touch on my bare skin as the events of last night are in constant replay in my mind has already done a number on me.

It had been so long since I'd been with anyone that my body was already reacting to Zach spooning me beneath the soft cotton sheets. I lay my head on his chest which was bare and the direct result of me being clothed in his shirt and nothing else.

I watched him sleep, his breathing even and calm just how I liked it. Zach's soft black hair was messily sprawled over his forehead and ears as I bit back the urge to push the strands back.

Using all the strength I could muster, I tried to move from under his grasp but it wasn't Zach's musculature that caused me to pause my pursuit. The soreness between my legs served as a reminder of every single decision we made last night and prevented me from moving any more than I already had.

Instead of looking for an escape, I lean back into his hold, lightly tracing the unique designs on Zach's bicep and chest with my fingertip. They were much more detailed up close and I found myself looking for a meaning behind them. Beneath the dark inked lines, I could make out deep scratch marks sitting on his skin, that could have only been caused by my nails.

"Enjoying the view?" Zach rasped, his voice coated with sleep as his eyes flickered open.

I blinked once, then again. Suddenly my lips were dry and my tongue darted out to moisten them. "Is this real?"

His eyes sweep all around my face and I shy away in embarrassment, knowing my face was bare, my breath most likely reeked and I was probably taking up more space on this bed than him.

The way he had worshipped every curve on my body, new and old sent sparks jumping up and down my skin.

Warmth seeped into my cheeks when he answered softly. "This is very much real."

Mindlessly my hand caresses his chest in a comforting manner. I don't even notice I'm doing it when Zach grips my wrist, leaning toward my ear. My breath stalls when I feel him awake down there.

"Careful." He warns deliberately. Zach's hand trails between my thighs, prying them open just so his hands could fit. I can only focus on his torturing touch inching towards my folds. "I'd hate to have you limping before sunset."

"Zachariah..." I breathe.

"There hasn't been a day where you haven't crossed my mind." He spoke clearly and without hesitation about the repercussions. The conversation shifted as he retracted his hand, leaving me needy and confused.