𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟐𝟎 { Comfort in You }

"𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑."
~~~

𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"You look ridiculous," I fume at the women setting up a makeshift bed on the floor. She continues to drag the second pillow to the ground wearing the most ridiculous amount of clothing.

"I'm not sleeping with you," she argues before pausing to look at me. I don't think I've ever seen her look so determined. It almost hurt.

"If we were sleeping together you wouldn't be opening your mouth to complain about the bed," I reply, making no room to break my gaze from her altogether.

"You know what I meant." She blurts out while rolling her eyes.

"You do as well, Winters."

Heat creeps up her cheeks as she averts her gaze from me, remaining silent.

After a tiring game like today's all I wanted was a comfortable place to rest. No noise, no conversations and definitely not that kind of distraction standing only a few feet away from me

Sighing, I quickly pull my shirt over my head, revealing my naked chest. The sore feeling of my upper body makes me groan in pain. After games I'd usually take an ice bath but today that wasn't going to be possible due to my current situation.

The guys are going to give me hell for this

"I'm going to get ice." She gets up from the ground, stumbling a bit as she clutches her head. I immediately go to grab her but she steps away, taken back by my actions.

"I'm fine," she warns instinctively. She looked nothing but fine. I haven't seen her eat a thing since we sat on the bus.

Because of my bruised ego I can't help the words that leave my mouth. "Didn't ask."

I grab my shorts and take three short steps to the bathroom to avoid the hurt expression that would surely be resting on her face. I hear the front door close not a second later and I let out the breath I've been holding since entering the room.

The night had only begun and I hate to admit I was nervous of the stupid shit that might leave my mouth in the next hour or so. I tended to say the wrong things when I got nervous.

Sage Winters made me nervous. Shit

After texting Coach about our situation he let me know the hotel was fully booked and we couldn't switch rooms even though I was willing to pay for it myself.

The minute I got that keycard I knew something was up. Someone was fucking with me and it wasn't my head this time.

Sage was plaguing my mind constantly and every second I thought about her, guilt overwhelmed me like what I was doing was wrong.

I was tired of feeling guilty over things I couldn't control.

As I let the hot water run my body, instantly my muscles relax at the feeling. I grab the expensive looking shampoo and lather it into my hair giving myself a head massage as well. My hair was growing longer and I needed a cut soon. Luckily Tristen knew a guy.