𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟏𝟔 { Father Dearest }

"𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚎."
~~~

𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

To everyone's surprise I hated attention. Absolutely despised it. Yet I was constantly getting stared at after all my efforts in staying below the radar.

"Stone get in here!" Coach bellowed from across the hall. A few students gave me sympathetic looks as I turned the corner. Others with common sense carried on with their day knowing this was a usual coach and player occurrence.

He slams the door of his office and soon after my hand turns the knob cautiously. He look pissed and I was thinking of all the things I could've did to cause this. I make my way towards his desk where Coach seemed to be zoned out.

"Ezra's injured."

My body tenses not a second later. Our first game of the season was just days away and we needed our captain on that field. As much as I envied the dude this wasn't in the slightest of what I wanted to happen. The only thing that came across my mind was his well being. He was being drafted this year for fucks sake.

"How is he?"

"He's at the hospital over there. I told him not to practice with those guys down at the Cowboy Facility but of course he lands on his ankle the wrong way probably trying to show off."

"He's okay though right?"

"Yeah son he's fine. Shouldn't be nothing too serious but they have to run some test so we won't know until later. But he can't play so I need you and Diaz to pick it up and fix whatever issues you got going on. I don't want it affecting the team out there."

I nodded while giving Coach my undivided attention.

"Words Stone."

"Yes coach. You have my word." I get up taking my bag with me while letting out the exhale I've been holding since I sat down. This first game is more than a big deal. People have been waiting to see this face off since last season and I damn sure wasn't going to lose, with or without Ezra.

And that was a fucking promise

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I grabbed it without looking at the caller ID like the idiot I was.

"Arabella's in twenty" a voice I knew all to well spoke on the other side of the phone.

"I have a class. You said you'd meet me tonight" I replied annoyed.

"I have to make it back down to Jersey tonight. I can't."

"Of course you can't. I'm on my way." I end the call in time to see Miles and Victoria walking down the hall laughing together.

At least his love life was going somewhere.

"Hey man, don't you have Millers class in a few."

I give him a handshake with a side hug before speaking. "Can't my dad has me meeting with him downtown to talk. Don't wait up for lunch." He nods knowingly and I notice Victoria fails to make eye contact with me, which is odd because she's usually the straight forward one.