𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟔𝟔 { He's Worth It }

"𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞." -𝙳𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚍 𝚁𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚣
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

What holds us together when things fall apart?

It felt like my whole world was slipping through my fingers and as much as I tried to keep it in my grasp, there was an overflow of emotions, heartache, and pain to get through, holding me back from everything that I ever desired.

I can't exist in two places. My heart is in Texas but my life is back in Chicago.

I unwrapped my arms from his tense body and swung my left leg back till it hit the pavement. Neither of us had said a word. After an awkward ending to an amazing date, Zach drove us back to the beach house.

Where I walked in alone.

My bed, still made from spending the night in his room was cold as I wrestled in the sheets for just a remnant of last nights comfort.

I stayed up until the sun rose again, listening for the front door to open and his footsteps to walk down the hall.

But it never did.

"Is that everything?" Miles' voice ripped me from my thoughts. I'd become too out of touch with reality that I hadn't realized all my belongings were now sitting in the backseat.

The girls silently stood by my side as I stared at the vacant balcony, where his arms once wrapped around me and our lips connected, making me feel complete again.

I shook my head, eyes shifting back to all the people who actually cared to send me off. "Yeah, that's all of it. I didn't bring much."

Miles opened the passenger door on my behalf and just as I ducked my head to enter, a hand tugged on my wrist, stopping me from sitting down.

As I turned around Victoria pulled me into a bear crushing hug while Izzy soothingly rubbed my shoulder for extra comfort. My chest began to tighten, knowing this was yet another goodbye.

Izzy wiped the lone tear falling down my cheek and smiled gently, trying to hold in her own emotions. I squeezed her hand and she squeezed mine back just as hard. The silence told us enough.

Once we pulled apart, I could tell Victoria was a wreck. Just like me her home was in the states but her life and education was in Paris. I kept telling myself one more year of this and we'll all eventually be together again.

"I'm sorry Sage but you guys really need to get going if you're going to make it to check in on time." Ezra checks his watch, walking up to the car. I knew he was right. We had already prolonged this goodbye much longer than expected and with security to get through, I needed ample time to get there.

I nod silently before sliding into the front passenger seat and grabbing the seatbelt from behind my shoulder, pulling it down until it clicked in place. Miles who's already behind the wheel presses the engine button, starting up the car.

I looked around the perimeter of the beach house once again but he was nowhere in sight. I guess I couldn't blame him. Doing this a second time around after 'making up' was bound to hurt even more.