𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟒𝟎 { He Said I Needed Closure}

"𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞?"
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Okay, it's time for bed bug." I say, entering my room where I find Nikos entire body attached to Zachs back as they wrestle on top of my bed that was previously made.

The two mount each other back and forth trying to test who's the strongest when obviously Zach could win without a second thought. Though Zach gives Niko the satisfaction of slamming him into the mountain of pillows as he groans in fake agony.

Niko pushes a fist into the air with a proud smile. "I win, I win! Your boyfriends a loser." He sings proudly.

I fight back a laugh as Zach appears behind him as Niko is distracted and drags him back down, catching him by surprise.

Both of them toss and turn some more and in between Nikos squeals of excitement and Zach's soft chuckles I can't help but be satisfied with how today has gone despite Dads change in mood throughout the second half of the night, which I still have yet to ask him about.

"Okay, okay that's enough you two. It's already past ten Niko and those eyes look pretty tired." I challenged, noticing he's fighting back way too many yawns.

"No I don't." He whines. "And I'm having so much fun with Zachary. I don't want to go to bed yet. Tell her Zach."

The corner of Zachs mouth lifted at his nickname.

"Yeah, we don't want to go to bed yet." Zach pouts his lip while throwing Niko a secret fist bump.

A couple hours together and the two of them are already teaming up against me. Something told me this was just the first of many.

__

"So Nikos is finally asleep and my dad just pretends to be up with the lights on when he's actually out cold. So we're good for the night." I laugh, shutting the door closed.

Zach is standing in front of my old vanity, looking down at a picture frame in his hand. "We're good for the night?" He mocks, turning to me and raising a single brow.

My cheeks flush as I sit at the edge of my bed where my feet could still touch the ground. "Y-you know what I meant."

He runs his hand through his hair, creating a mess out of the neatly combed locs he started the night with. Along with tense shoulders and blank stare I could see his thoughts wander.

"Hey."

I get no immediate response.

"Zachariah."

"Hmm." He places the photo back down and picks up another, this one not even in a frame.

"You've been distracted since dinner." I say, remembering the way he shut down.The way his back muscles tense underneath his white shirt only confirms my suspicions. "I know my dad bringing up your parents was not exactly what you were expecting but I promise you he will not bring it up again. It's none of his business or anyones for that matter." I explain, standing up and walking closer to where he stood.

The closer I got, the clearer the worn out photo in his hand got. There were old wrinkled lines over the edges and faint creases telling me he had unfolded it.