𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟎𝟒 { Not Enough }

"𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞"
~~~

𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Watch your back, Stone!"

I wish I heard those words five seconds ago or I wouldn't have had my head ambushed by a freaking spiraling football.

"Yo watch it Dwight," I grunt as I watch my hand tremor. Was this a fucking symptom too. Lately I haven't been feeling like myself. I hardly ever do. My heart would race even if I wasn't doing anything physical and constant headaches would overwhelm me, making my days even worse.

I was like a ticking time bomb ready to explode. The timer counting down even faster when someone annoyed me or if I was feeling lost in my own world.

Another football nearly missed my head as I was jogging to the sidelines. It's like these fuckers couldn't throw correctly. There was only five minutes left of practice but the guys were still fooling around for fun.

"You're so uptight man. It's every practice with you."

"I don't want to hear it today," I mutter before walking off the field. No one understood. They never will I thought to myself as my chest tightened. Fuck, not again.

"I went to therapy twice a week this summer. What more do you want from me," I said raising my voice at Coach.

We were currently in his office after practice discussing the terms of our agreement again. I sat with my elbows on my knees and my hands over my face. My mind was racing with every bad thought that was remotely possible for my situation.

I thought therapy would be better than a counseling group. I guess coach didn't agree or he felt like I twisted his words in someway.

That's exactly what I did.

"I'm glad you did. But my exact words were 'counseling group," Coach replied too calmly for my liking.

Knowing I was on my last strike, I got up to leave. This shit was ridiculous. How the hell was a counseling group going to help me? Those people knew nothing about my life.

"Stone, it's only once a week for a couple of months. Your anger issues has cost us too many games last season and while you are an asset to this team you are at fault for some of our losses. It's not a good look for scouts if you don't get it together." He scolded.

Scouts were looking at me?

"And if you don't go, you can kiss that captain spot goodbye," he adds sternly before going back to his paperwork.

I walked out the room while purposely slamming the door shut. The vibrations echo through the locker room and I'm pretty sure the whole team heard me yell at coach just a minute ago. They probably thought I was crazy.

Turning the corner, I'm met with my teammates looking at random things around the room to cover up their eavesdropping.

"Keep whatever you heard to yourselves or there will be a problem," I say before leaving the locker room with my stuff.

When I finally made it back to the dorm, I rummaged through my room looking for a particular piece of paper.

I hated when these things just fucking got up and walked away by itself.