PART 53

I walk past groups of cops as i climb into my car, i hear the passenger door open next to me and i smile, "Do you wanna go get food? I'm starving."

"Are you ok?? One minute ago you were crying and looked like you wanted to go lay in bed all day in cry and now there's not even a hint of sadness on your face." He says as he looks at me, "And what the fuck was up with that story??"

"I'm good at putting on a show what can i say." I shrug as i put my keys in the ignition.

"You're not actually upset?" He asks and i shake my head, "Why would i be upset?" I ask as i pull out of the driveway.

"Because our friend is dead." He says as if i hadn't just seen his dead body being carried out of the house.

"He's not the only one." I mutter under my breath.

"And why did you make that shit up?? We both know Josh hasn't been suicidal, the past weeks have been fine for him." He says as i take a turn onto the highway.

"Yeah i know." I shrug as i slam my hand down on the horn, "CAN YOU NOT SEE MY FUCKING CAR ITS RIGHT HERE MORON!" I shout out the window at a car who had just swerved in front of me.

"What is wrong with you??" Anthony asks as he looks at me.

"Don't act like you've never yelled at a car before." I scoff as i look at him.

"No i mean that our friend just committed suicide and you're acting like it's another perfect day in your little world." He spits out.

"Burgers or sushi?" I ask as i turn off the highway into downtown LA.

"LYDIA." Anthony shouts and i slam the breaks, "What the hell do you want?? I'm literally starving and i want a fucking burger so leave me the fuck alone and let me get my food." I groan.

"I don't want anything to do with you, are you seriously gonna act like nothing happened and rave about fucking burgers??" He asks.

"Would you like to get out and walk home??" I ask as i turn my head towards him.

He sighs and looks out the window.
"That's what i thought." I scoff as i continue driving towards Shake shack.
______________

"You know something about what happened to Josh don't you." Anthony says as he takes a sip of his milkshake.

I grab a few fries from the bag and look at him, "Maybe." I shrug.

"Can you just give me a straight answer for once." He sighs and i look at him, "If i did that i'd have to kill you too."

"So you did." He says and i shrug, "I didn't say that."

"You know i could go to the cops with this." He says and i sigh, "You're not gonna do that."

"Why not." He asks as he keeps his eyes glued to the window.

"Because i bought you a milkshake." I pout and he raises an eyebrow, "Really?"

"I can take it back if you want." I say before grabbing onto his shake and rolling the window down.

"Nope." he says says as he grabs it back from me.
____________________

After eating i drive back to sway and Anthony heads straight up to his room, i look around at the caution tape around the outside of the house and slowly walk inside.

I slowly walk up the stairs towards my room and push open the door, i walk towards my bed and fall onto it with a sigh.

I don't remember dozing off but i wake up to the sound of my window creaking open, i feel a pair of soft lips being placed on my forehead and i slowly open my eyes.

"Jay?" I ask quietly and he smiles as he crawls into bed next to me.

"How'd you get in here? It's not safe for you to be here there are cops swarming the place." I say as i turn over and face him.

"The window." He says as he nods his head towards my half opened window.
"I'm being careful don't worry."

"I heard about Josh, it was on tiktokroom." He says quietly.

"Those creeps post everything." I sigh as i play with his fingers.

"Yeah they even posted charli's claims that i like her." He scoffs and i sit up, "What claims??" I ask as i turn my head towards him.