PART 60

"Oh um, Hey Ant." I say quietly as i let him walk past me.

"What the fuck is going on??" He growls as he walks into the living room, "Avani wouldn't fucking kill anyone."

"I know this is a shock but we don't any more information then you do." I say as i walk back towards the couch.

Ok that was lie.

"What we do know, is that Avani did something terrible and whoever those people were, didn't deserve to die." I say quietly as i sit back down next to Jaden.

Another lie.

"She couldn't have done this, i've been so great to her, what would've led her to do something like this??" He asks as he paces in front of the tv.

"It couldnt have been anything you did, there are other things that are probably going on." Nessa says as she leans up against one of the walls.

I suddenly see red and blue flashing lights outside and tap slowly Jadens knee.

He looks down and gives me a small nod before i feel a sharp pain in my upper thigh, i clench my teeth and take a few deep breaths as i hear knocking on the door.

Anthony opens the door and the police start talking to him, they tell him that they've recognized the bodies and i slightly turn my head towards Jaden, "Again." I whisper.

"The victims were Bryce Hall and Vinnie Hacker." The officer says.

I feel another sharp pain in my thigh and let out a loud scream as i feel tears streaming down my face.

"Lyd, Lyd, come on let's go upstairs." Jaden says quietly as he helps me stand up.

"Are you Lydia Hall?" The officer asks and Jaden nods, "I'm sorry for your loss ma'am." The officer says as he nods his head.

Jaden pulls me towards the top of the stairs and brings me into one of the guest rooms.

"The police are going to bring us in for questioning, do you remember everything we practiced?" Jaden asks as i sit down on the bed.

"Yeah i remember." I say as i look up at him, "I gotta learn a new way to cry without you rubbing alcohol on my leg."

"Are you sure that's ok? The wounds not looking too good." Jaden says as he pulls up the leg of my shorts to inspect my injury.

"It's ok, plus alcohol is good for wounds." I shrug.

"Yeah but it's only good if you keep it covered afterwards." He scoffs as he sits down next to me.

I hear a few foot steps coming up the stairs and quickly pull my shorts down and lean my head onto Jaden.

"Lyd?" A voice asks and the door swings open.

"You ok? I mean obviously you're not ok your brother is dead but hey at least you're still alive- shit i didn't mean that, what i meant to say was-" Kio starts to say but Olivia barges in and cuts him off, "What he meant to say was he's very sorry for your loss." She says quietly.

"Thank you." I say softly as i look up at them.

"Um the police said you could wait for questioning for a few days to sorts process everything, but they'll need need you at the hearing next week." Kio says as he looks at me.

"They're seriously giving her a hearing instead of letting her rot in death forever??" Cooper asks as he shoves past Kio and Olivia.

"Innocent until proven guilty." Jaden mumbles.

"Innocent my ass." Quinton says as he stumbles into the room.

I sit up as i look at them, "Were you just standing out there?" I ask.

Quinton shrugs, "Not just me." He says as he turns his head to the door.

I look at the door as Nessa, Blake, Griffin, and Noah all stumble into the room.

"Yeah...Maybe we should've just knocked." Nessa says sheepishly.
_________________

pretend mads is lydia ~

lydiahall : missing my brothers forever, rest easy bryce and josh 🖤

comments disabled