PART 59

After Avani had gone off to go to the police station, Jaden and i make our way back to Coopers.

I walk in the house and run up the stairs before knocking on Nessas door, "Ness?"

"Open." I hear her call out.

I push open the door and walk into the room, "Heyy, just checking in." I say with a small smile.

"Cut the bull shit Lydia." Nessa sighs as she looks at me.

"Is everything ok...?" I ask as i shut the door behind me.

"You killed Josh." She deadpans and i look at her, "I-" I start to say and she sighs, "Don't try to deny it i know you did."

"Im not gonna tell anyone." She says quietly.

"I'm sorry Ness." I say as i sit down next to her.

"Why'd you do it."

"I- i don't know, honestly it kinda just happened." I say quietly.

"You can stop now Lyd, I've tried to help Jaden but he's been doing this shit for too long, if you don't stop now, you won't ever be able too." She says as she looks at me.

"But what about Jaden-" I start to say, "Jaden wants what's best for you, he cares about you a lot even if he has a weird way of showing it." She says with a small laugh.

"I just don't want him to feel like he's alone." I say as i fiddle with my thumbs.

"Lydia, you've literally shot someone just cause they looked at Jaden the wrong way, he definitely knows you've got his back." She says and i give her a small smile, "I just feel like i get super angry and then can't control myself." I sigh.

"You should take up boxing." She suggests and i raise an eyebrow, "boxing?"

"It's a good way to let your anger out." She shrugs, "Talk to Noah and Blake about it."

"Promise me you won't kill anyone else." Nessa sighs, "That's a sentence i never thought i'd say."

"I just-" I stutter and she looks at me, "Lydia."

"Fine i promise." I sigh and she smiles, "Don't you feel better already?"

"Sure Ness, i feel like leaping for joy in a flower meadow while wearing a hoop skirt and singing Kumbaya!" I scoff.

"Oh shut up." She says with a laugh.

_________________

"She did it." A voice quietly comes up from behind me.

I turn my head and see Jaden was standing behind me with a smug look on his face.

"What?" I whisper and he leans down, "They just announced Avanis arrest."

I was sitting on the couch with my head rested on Jadens shoulder, Nessa, Cooper, Blake, Griffin, Kio, Noah, Quinton, and Olivia were all sitting on various chairs and couches in the living room.

"Are they sure?" Noah asks as we all wait for any updates on Avani.

They hadn't disclosed who she had killed but they've been able to tell parts of her story.

"It checks out." Kio says quietly.

"Who do you think it was?" Coopers asks and i sigh, "I'm less concerned about that, I'm more worried about Anthony."

"Has anyone seen him?" Jaden asks as he softly rubs the back of my head.

"Not since yesterday, no." I say as i look at the rest of the group.

I hear a knock on the door and turn my head, "I got it." I sigh as i stand up.

I pull my hair to one shoulder as i start walking towards the door, i hear another knock as i near the door, "God i'm coming give me a second!" I shout as i pull open the door revealing Anthony, standing in front of me.