57 - A Play or Reality?

Adithi's POV:

I searched for pain-relieving ointment in his first aid box. It was not there. I sat in the bed with a groan as it started to get more painful. I examined my foot and it was red and swollen. I could feel more pain now than in the hospital. My neck started to hurt too. 

I stood up and placed the box back. I sat back in the bed stretching my legs straight. Just then he came back from the shower. 'Do you have any kind of pain-relieving ointment?' I asked. 'Yeah. I had one,' he probed through the drawers and found it. 'Where?' he asked sitting at my foot. 'I can do it,' I tried to get it from his hand. 

'I asked where,' he asked seriously. 'Right feet,' I pouted seeing his serious expression. He placed it in his lap and applied the cream with a trace of a smile on his lips. 'There's nothing to smile, Mr. Arrogant,' I rolled my eyes. 'Your pout, Ms. Stubborn,' he smirked while gently massaging my foot. 

'Why?' I asked narrowing my eyebrows. 'Too cute to be arrogant to that,' he suppressed his smile which made me smile. 'Ouch,' I groaned as he pressed it too hard. 'Is it ok now?' he asked by moving my toes. 'No,' I moved my feet from him and stood up. 'What did you do?' I asked him surprised. 

'Massage,' he smiled walking back to the dresser and placing the cream in the first aid box. 'That's great,' I said looking at my feet which were no longer painful. 'I am going downstairs,' I walked towards the door but he stepped between me and the door. 'What for?' he asked. 'I am hungry,' I replied. 

'I am hungry too,' he stepped closer to me. 'But I need food,' I smiled as he snaked his hands around my waist. 'I need you,' he smirked. I placed my palm over his bare chest feeling his warmth. His naughtiness suddenly changed into seriousness. 'I cannot still believe what happened today,' he sighed. 

'I am here. With you. Forever,' I pressed his cheek with my palm. He hugged me and kissed my shoulder. Even I could not process the things that happened today. How did it happen? Who did that? 'You go downstairs. I'll join you,' he separated from me. I nodded and walked out.

I joined everyone at the dining table. Amma was waiting for me. She served me lunch as Jeeva joined us too. It was delicious and satisfied my appetite. Deiva helped me in cleaning up the dishes as Sarla Maa arranged the dishes back. As we walked out of the kitchen, Deiva said, 'I was terrified when Venkat told me. I left all my works as such and came running,' with a sigh. 

'But I was Ok,' I smiled. 'Venkat didn't tell me that. He freaked me out and Uthra too. She is stuck with her schedule and a surgery. They both asked me to see you immediately,' she said washing her hand. 'Sorry, you had to stop your works,' I apologized. 'No. Works can be done anytime. I was worried about you,' she said as I looked at her. 

She smiled meaningfully understanding my surprised gaze. 'I know what you're thinking,' she smiled. 'I was petrified. I didn't know whom to call. But I surely knew one thing. Nothing would have happened to you. I trusted it completely,' Amma said caressing my face. I hugged her as she caressed my back. 

Jeeva and Arya were talking to someone through the phone seriously. They ended the call seeing us. 'We need to go to the office,' Arya said. And when we looked at Jeeva, he nodded. 'You can take a little rest,' Amma said as they both stood up from the couch. 'There are some procedures we need to do at the police station and there are two site visits too,' Jeeva explained. 

'Ok,' she replied. They both bid bye to us and walked out. Deiva sat beside me and took her phone which just then rang. 'They can't even let me take a break for an hour,' she huffed and answered the call. After ending the call, she looked at us. 'Comparatively, you've got the best bosses,' she frowned. 

'I have to go,' she looked at me apologetically. 'It's ok. Your visit meant a lot,' I gently hugged her. 'Bye aunty,' she hugged Sarla Maa and grabbed her bag. She left. Then it was just me and Amma. She showed me some old photos and we took a walk around the garden, which was filled with a lot of trees and medicinal herbs and a kitchen garden too.