62 - One bold Decision

Uthra's POV:

I got ready and texted Kanamma and Adithi to come over to the home. 'Are you ready? Everyone is ready. Amma is very skeptical' Venkat asked grabbing his phone. 'Yeah. They will know soon,' I looked at him. 'One last thing,' I stopped him by holding his hand. 'What?' he asked. 

'Adithi is not pregnant. Don't drag it again,' I stated. 'Oh my god! I messed up,' he scratched his head. 'No problem. Jeeva Anna knows everything,' I patted his shoulder. 'Venkat,' Athai knocked on the door. 'Coming Maa,' he answered opening the door.

Deiva's POV:

I walked out of my room and everyone else was ready. 'So what is it? You asked us to get ready all of a sudden,' Dad asked Venkat. 'Yeah. I thought we can have some family time today. We all have an off from work. We're going to Mama's home,' he replied. 

'I think you're right. I too need to talk something with Sarla and with everyone. I think this is a perfect time,' Mom said. What does she want to talk about? God! Just not about me and Jeeva. Please. Not again. I sighed. I am already having so many confusions to deal with. Please don't make things complicated anymore. I submitted my prayers silently. We all left after breakfast.

Jeeva's POV:

'Uthra asked me to come over,' Adithi looked at her phone. 'We're already here,' she smiled typing the reply. 'Venkat Anna and Uthra are going to announce the news,' she looked at me. 'That's awesome,' I replied. 'We have to tell Arya about this too,' I mentioned. She turned to me with a worried face. 

'He would be upset too. I should have told you both that day itself,' she sighed. 'Hey, it's fine. He would understand like me. I told you. I am not upset with you,' I lifted her face by holding her chin. 'What are you not upset with her?' Arya entered the kitchen. 'What did you do?' he asked me. 

'I didn't do anything,' I replied. 'Adithi, why are you worried? You shouldn't take stress about anything,' he looked at her. 'Arya, we have something to tell,' I initiated. 'Actually, I am not pregnant,' Adithi stated. 'What?' he asked shocked. 'You will know why all of that happened within a few minutes,' I patted his shoulder. 

'I am sorry, Arya,' she apologized. He looked at both of us confused. 'Come. Uthra will be coming here any minute,' I walked along with him out of the kitchen. Kanamma and Varun came. 'Where's Amma?' she walked to me faster. 'How is she now?' she panicked. 'She is fine. Why are you panicking?' Arya asked holding her shoulder. 

'Uthra told me that Amma is sick,' she said. 'I am alright,' Amma walked to us. 'Oh my god! I was terrified,' Kanamma hugged her. 'Why would Uthra tell a lie to you?' Amma narrowed her eyebrows. Just then everyone arrived. Amma was surprised to see everyone. We all gathered in the living room. 

All the elders were sitting on the couch and we were standing around them. Venkat looked at Uthra. She signed him to tell. 'I thought to myself that I should come here to talk to you. But Venkat just suggested like he read my mind,' Sita Athai said. 'Because I want to. We want to tell everyone something. Actually, announce,' Venkat interrupted. 

I looked at him with a smile and then at Uthra. Everyone looked at him and Uthra. 'I am going to be a dad and Uthra is going to be a mom,' he revealed. 'What?' Amma got up surprised. Sita Athai's jaw dropped. Arya was surprised. 'Yeah. We are welcoming a baby to our family,' Uthra replied. Everyone hugged both of them telling them their blessings and congratulations. 

'This is what I wanted to tell you. Adithi isn't but Uthra is. Venkat misunderstood that day and messed up,' I whispered to Arya as he walked back to me after congratulating Uthra and Venkat. I silently explained everything to him. He sighed with a chuckle. 'You know what, Adithi's condition was miserable out of everything,' he said with a smile.