61 - Unplanned

Adithi's POV:

'I am pregnant,' she uttered. 'Oh my god! Uthra? Is it?' I stammered excitedly. 'Yeah,' she nodded with a slight smile showing me the strips. 'Uthra! You're pregnant. You're gonna be a mom,' I walked to her and hugged her. 'Yes. I am,' she replied as I parted off. 'How did you know it?' I asked. 

'I tested it with multiple kits. All of them were positive,' she answered worriedly placing the kits back in her bag. 'Uthra? Are you ok?' I asked cupping her cheek. 'Adithi, I am happy about it. I am really happy. But I don't know about Venkat,' she sighed. 'Why? He would be on cloud nine if he knows about it. Why are thinking like this?' I replied with a smile. 

'It's just been six weeks since we're married. And I am pregnant. We didn't expect this,' she explained. 'Uthra, I am damn sure that he would be the happiest when you tell him this. Because he loves you and he will love your baby too. And we don't plan surprises. Surprises happen all of a sudden,' I cheered her up. She smiled looking at me. 

'You're the first person to know this,' she hugged me. 'I cannot tell how happy I am,' I said separating from her. 'Adithi. I need some time. I will tell him for sure but not now. It has to be the best surprise for him. I have to think about it and plan it,' she smiled happily. 'And till then don't tell this to anyone. Including Amma,' she stressed it. 'I won't, till you tell them,' I promised. 

'Thank you,' she hugged me again. 'Wait,' I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I came back with rasgulla. 'Congratulations, Mommy,' I fed it to her. She giggled as she took a bite. I placed the bowl aside and grabbed the fresh juice for her. 'Drink it,' I stretched the glass towards her. 'It's fresh. Just now made it. It's good for the baby,' I insisted. She got it from me with a smile and drank it. 

'Oh my god! I can't even think of anything,' I sighed with a wide smile. 'I am a doctor, Adithi. I know what to do and what not to,' she placed the glass aside after emptying it. I giggled hearing her comment. 'Ok. Venkat is waiting for me in the parking lot. I have to go,' she stood up grabbing her bag. 'I told him that you needed me immediately and he is waiting for me,' she walked to the door. 'Ok. Go. Take care,' I kissed her on her forehead. She left with a smile.

Uthra's POV:

I hope Venkat will be as happy as me. Or even more. I walked out of the elevator. 'What happened? Is everything ok?' he asked as I got in the car. 'Yes. Everything's fine with her. She just needed some clarifications and help. So everything is fine now,' I replied. 'Ok. Why are you smiling?' he asked looking at my face. 'Uhm. No. Just feeling positive vibes,' I smiled and diverted my gaze away from him. He drove off the compound and he applied the brake suddenly. 

My bag fell away from my grip and all the contents dropped. Shit! He parked the car immediately. 'Are you ok?' he asked picking up my bag. 'Yeah. Leave it. I will get them,' I tried to stop them. But he gathered everything. When he took the pregnancy test strips, my heart nearly skipped a beat. He looked at them and then at me. 

'So this is what Adithi needed the help for,' he asked surprised. I heaved a sigh of relief. 'Yeah,' I replied nervously. 'Does this mean, Jeeva and Adithi are expecting a baby?' he asked surprised. What should I tell him? Whether to tell him that it's us who are expecting? 'Uthra? Whose results are these?' he asked seriously. 'Uhm. That's,' I stretched. 'Tell me,' he insisted. 

'Venkat, it's Adithi,' I lied. I am sorry, Adithi. But I cannot tell him now. 'So Adithi and Jeeva are having a baby soon,' his eyes widened. 'Did she tell Jeeva about it?' he asked me. 'No. She hasn't. Venkat. Keep this a secret. Don't tell anyone. Please,' I requested. 'Ok. Ok. I will not,' he seemed excited which scared me. 

'Oh my god! This is awesome. We are welcoming a new member to our family,' he exclaimed. I remained silent all way. We reached the hospital. 'Uthra, shall we visit Adithi in the evening?' he asked when I was about to get out. 'Yeah. Sure,' I smiled. 'Have a great day,' he kissed my forehead and I left bidding him bye.