42- Challenge

Jeeva's POV:

He has cheated me also. 'Rahul,' I called my staff. 'Get him to the office and you all go to the office right now,' I ordered looking at the old man. 'Adithi. Call Vishal and ask him to come here right now,' I said.

I turned to Kaushik after Rahul took him. 'Is this true?' I asked sharply. He sighed. 'Mr. Jeeva. You know what is important,' he touched my shoulder. I stared at him angrily and then at his hand. He slowly removed his hand.

'I got this land from them. I didn't abduct the land. They gave it to me for their debts. Mr. Jeeva this is the smart way of making money. I hope you know it. You're in this business for 3 years. You would have known,' he smiled greedily.

'Yes. I have seen many scoundrels like you abducting lands by cheating the poor and making money. And it's not my style of making money. I have my principles,' I replied harshly. 'Mr. Jeeva. I chose you as you're the best in this field. I will pay you more than you demand,' he shrugged his shoulders.

'I am canceling my contract with you. I will never accept this kind of project,' I fumed in anger. 'If you leave, I can do this with anyone. The loss is yours,' he said in a warning tone. I inched towards him looking at him sharply. 'And I will not let it happen. I am giving you two days. Give the land back to him and apologize. Else,' I warned him. 'Else? What will you do? What can you do?' he taunted me. 'Are you challenging me Kaushik? I accept it. Else, I will give the land back to them. It's my challenge,' I smirked.

'You will have to face the consequences then,' he said. 'I have never lost a challenge. And I will never. You will see my other face soon,' I said in a warning tone and walked out. Adithi followed me.

We went to the office. Vishal was there. I joined him in my cabin. 'What the hell is this Vishal? You know about my principles well. How did you permit this?' I yelled. 'Mr. Jeeva, I completely checked with the documents. I didn't find anything suspicious. I have no idea how this happened,' he defended.

'I checked the documents too,' Adithi said. 'It is very easy for him to forge any document. It is fake,' I punched in the table. 'Vishal. I immediately need a detective. Within an hour,' I said. 'Ok, Mr. Jeeva,' he left the room.

'Adithi, Ask everyone to gather in the hall,' I said. She nodded and walked away. I slowly walked to the hall. 'Sorry guys. This project is terminated. I apologize for all the inconvenience. You all can move back there. You can take a day. I am sorry for the inconvenience. You all can leave now,' I said. I saw the old man sitting in the corner. Everyone started moving out with their stuff. I went to him.

'I have terminated the project. Don't worry. You will get your land back,' I said. 'How can I believe you?' his eyes were red in anger. 'I promise. I'll get your land back for sure,' I assured him. He remained silent. 'You can call me anytime,' I gave him my card. 'I need a copy of the legal document of the land and any document which is connected with land. It's for legal actions,' I stated. He nodded. 'Please go home safely,' I said as he walked out. I closed my eyes and sighed.

'Shall I cancel the contract with Yogesh?' Adithi asked. 'No. Cancel it when I say,' I replied. I couldn't digest what happened. If I haven't got distracted by the quarrel, he would have died. I would have been a part of sin. I scratched my head.

Adithi's POV:

He is really worried. I gently touched his shoulder. He turned to me silently. I hugged him and gently patted his back. He reciprocated the hug and sighed. 'Calm down Jeeva,' I whispered. His breathing became regular again. 'I know you will do justice to them,' I tightened my grip. 'We are in this together,' I assured him. I can feel his relief.