58 - One Last Chance

Jeeva's POV:

I thought of seeing Adithi. I didn't ask her opinion about the phone too. I told Arya to drop me at her place. When I saw the cake shop on the way, I told Arya to stop. I got some butterscotch-flavored cake for her and a chocolate-flavored one for Amma as she loves the flavor. I handed the chocolate-flavored cake to Arya and he dropped me at her place. 

When the elevator opened, a hooded man with a mask walked past me. Weird dress to wear on a sunny day, I thought and boarded the lift. I walked towards her flat and was surprised to find the door wide open. And she was not in the living room. She is developing this habit, which is not safe at all. 

I walked in closing the door behind me. I left the cake on the dining table. I found her at the balcony doing some work with her earphones on. I touched her shoulder. And she turned to me startled. 'Oh my god! Jeeva, you scared me,' she yelled at me. 'Sorry. I didn't mean to. Why the door was open?' I asked. 

'No. The door was closed. How did you come in?' she asked standing up shocked pulling the earphones away. 'The door was wide open. You're growing this habit. This is not good,' I chided. 'I checked it twice. I just now checked. The door was closed,' she replied. Then how the hell the door was open? 

'I felt like someone was behind me. I turned. And the door was closed. Because I closed it once I came home and never opened again,' she explained. Who? She felt like someone was behind her. Then the door was closed. And there was a weird man in the elevator. 

But when I arrived the door was open. Is there any connection between these two events? How the hell did he get the key? 'Jeeva. How did you come in?' she asked confused. If I tell her my interpretation, she would freak out. I don't want that. 

'Do you know Vision?' I asked wearing a smile on my lips even though I was hell shook by everything. 'Vision? Vision from The Avengers?' she asked narrowing her eyebrows. 'Yeah. You then probably know how he enters a room,' I chuckled. 'You know what? This is not funny,' she replied angrily. 

'I was kidding. I had the spare key,' I lied. 'You freaked the hell out of me,' she yelled turning away from me wearing the headphones back. I looked at the door. Whoever came here should be the same one who stalked us before. Maybe he caused the accident. If I ever encounter him again, he will not be able to walk away. 

I diverted my gaze towards her. This is a question of her safety. She arranged the flowering pots neatly and dragged the soil bag and placed it in a corner. She looked at me for a second angrily and walked away to her bedroom. I shrugged away all the confusion and followed her with a smile. 

She was sitting in the bed with her hands folded across her chest. She huffed seeing me. 'Sorry,' I sat beside her wrapping my hand around her shoulder. She looked at me sharply. 'I shouldn't have,' I pouted. I could feel her anger melting away as she sighed. 'You know, this is not funny,' she leaned in my shoulder. 

'I am sorry,' I kissed her forehead. 'I think we should change the lock,' I said and she sat up straight hearing it. 'I feel like it's getting loose with time. We should change it before it gets worn out completely,' I explained. 'Is it so?' she asked placing the phone and earphones aside. 'Yeah,' I nodded caressing her hair. 'Ok then,' she agreed. He cannot do it again. 

'And I have a surprise for you. I brought you a cake, your favorite flavor and we are spending this evening together,' I smiled. 'Butterscotch?' she smiled widely. 'You are not happy over me staying here. You're excited over the butterscotch cake?' I teased playfully. 'Yeah. Butterscotch is my priority,' she giggled. I scoffed and walked to the living room to get the cake. 

It is not safe to leave her alone here and it may be another chance for the stalker to come here if we go home too. So I decided to stay here. When I returned she was standing near the balcony and it was beautiful with the rose plants and the lights. 'You did this?' I asked placing the cake on the tea table on the balcony.