66 - The lies and a truth

Adithi's POV:

There's no sign of Sanjay for a few days. Maybe he has decided to walk away. No. He won't. He is planning something. But what is it? 'I hope you're thinking about that evening still now,' Jeeva was standing leaning against the door frame.

'It's quite hard not to remember,' I smiled at him as he walked towards my table. He sat opposite to me. 'I didn't know that you were coming here,' I smiled. 'Actually, I came here to get that bill claimed,' he took out the cover from his coat.

I got it from him and opened the cover. I took out the bill and signed it. 'The payment will be credited soon,' I placed it inside the document leaf. 'That's it then,' he stood up and inserted his hands in his pockets. That's it? 'Ok, then. That's it,' I played along narrowing my eyebrows.

'I thought you would object,' he said surprised. 'No. Why would I?' I said in disdain. He narrowed his eyebrows and turned away and walked towards the exit. I held his hand and pulled him towards me. He chuckled embracing me.

'Mam,' Akshaya's knock diverted us. 'Come in,' I said standing apart from him. 'Mam, your friend has come to meet you,' she said. It's him. 'Who?' Jeeva looked at me. God! I didn't want Jeeva to get under his gaze. 'A college friend,' I replied bluntly as my smile faded away.

I got to act normal. I don't want Jeeva to suspect anything. 'Oh. Ask them to come in,' Jeeva said. 'Ok sir,' she nodded and walked out. I pasted a fake smile across my lips. Sanjay walked in. 'Hi Adithi!' he smiled at me. 'Jeeva, this is my friend, Sanjay!' I faked a smile.

'Is this your fiancé, Adithi?' he asked surprised. 'Actually husband it is,' I said as Jeeva smiled at me. 'I think we have met before somewhere. Jeeva, right?' Sanjay stretched his hand towards Jeeva. 'Yeah. Months before,' Jeeva shook his hand. I looked at Jeeva shocked.

'We met at the Gateway hotel. It was short yet very strange,' Jeeva explained. 'Sorry. I couldn't come to your engagement. She didn't send me an invitation,' Sanjay looked at him. I gave him a death stare. 'Oh. She would have forgotten,' Jeeva defended.

'Or she might have intentionally,' Sanjay winked. 'She wouldn't do that if you're a very important person to her,' Jeeva said. 'I agree that. Because now only she is realizing my importance. Am I right, Adithi?' he asked me. 'So what's the purpose of your arrival?' I asked him back.

'Well. I have found some college photos of us. I just brought them here,' he took a cover out of his pocket. If a stare could kill a person, mine would have killed him by now. 'I am busy right now. Send them to me later,' I tried to maintain the decorum.

I know what you're planning, you bastard. 'Perhaps you could see,' he stretched the cover to Jeeva. My heartbeat hitched. Jeeva got it from his hand with a smile and gave it to me. 'I will see later,' he looked at me. I nodded.

Jeeva's POV:

I tried hard not to show any emotions out. But inside I was burning like a boiler seeing the way he looks at Adithi. 'She is lucky to get you, Mr. Jeeva,' Sanjay smiled at me. 'No. I am lucky to get her,' I replied. 'If that's the fact then I am unlucky. I don't have her,' he sighed gazing at Adithi. Her face tensed up.

'Well, she's mine and what's mine is mine. Forever. There is not even a chance for you here. You will remain unlucky for the rest of your life, then,' I smirked at him. His face drained colors. 'I was just kidding,' I chuckled. He smiled. 'It was nice meeting you, Jeeva. I am expecting many more meetings with you,' Sanjay said. It was hell meeting you, asshole.

'Same here,' I said. 'Meet you later, Adithi,' he looked at her and left. Adithi was looking at the door distressed. I held her hand comfortingly. 'Strange person,' I said. She nodded. 'Back to where we left,' I pulled her by holding her waist.