60 - Realizations and Truths

Deiva's POV:

I went to the kitchen to grab some water. Arya was there. 'Hi,' he smiled seeing me. 'Hi,' I smiled back. 'Need something?' he asked. 'Yeah. Water,' I said getting a glass. 'I thought you're here for sweets,' he smiled eating the Gulab Jamun. 

'I had enough,' I replied. 'Enough of me or the sweets?' he asked. 'What?' I looked at him shocked. 'Sorry. Just kidding,' he smiled keeping the bowl aside. 'Arya,' I called him as he walked past me. 'Yes,' he stopped and looked at me. 'Are you Ok?' I asked him as something was missing from him. 

Something he had fascinated me, which made me think we were actual couples who were in love with each other. That intimacy between our hearts. I don't know why I yearn for those things still. 'Yeah. I am fine. Just like you,' he smiled. I am not ok. Means he is not too. 'If you want to tell me something, I am all ears right now,' I tried to find out why he is acting weirdly. 'I am fine. We talked it out that night. We are settled with your decision,' he smiled. It was so fake. 

'Arya, why are you acting weirdly?' I asked him straight. 'Me? Acting weirdly? No. This is what you wanted. Just be who we are. No more plays,' his every word poked at my heart. 'Yeah. But I never said there is nothing between us,' I uttered. 'What's between us?' he raised his eyebrows. 'Friendship,' I replied. 

'I knew that. That's what we are now,' he responded. Yeah. I didn't want any more plays. But this isn't what I wanted. I poured myself some water and drank it in a go. 'What? You want more?' he asked which shocked me. 'I asked about water. Do you want more? Shall get it from the fridge?' he asked me. 'No. I am good,' I washed the glass and placed it back. Yeah. I want more. But I am scared.

Arya's POV:

I know she wanted it but she isn't happy. We should be like this. For our good. Especially for her good. I don't want to hurt her anymore. I don't want to mess with her feelings anymore. Let her live the way she wants. She looked at me intently. 'It feels like everything have changed between us drastically,' she uttered as the colors in her face drained away. 

'I don't think so,' I lied. 'Do you need to talk?' I asked. 'No. I am fine,' she diverted her gaze. 'Haven't you moved on? You made up your mind. But seems like you don't want to,' I smiled. 'No. Why would I hover over something which isn't real?' she smiled with a sigh. 

It was real for me. The feelings. The comfort. The intimacy. The delicacy. And I have started to develop feelings for you. Everything was real for me. 'Yeah. It wasn't real. It was a stage act,' I chuckled. She nodded diverting her gaze from me. I could feel the disappointment in her. She said that she doesn't want to do it. But she is struggling with it. 'I gotta go,' she said and walked away. Sorry, Deiva. I have to do this. For us. For you.

**** THAT NIGHT ****

Adithi's POV:

I came to Jeeva's room after dinner. Amma has gone to sleep and everyone left. I opened the wardrobe to get a towel and a strong pair of arms hugged me from the back. He nuzzled through the nape of my neck. 'It felt amazing to watch the fireworks with you,' he whispered. 

'Yeah. It was,' I turned around wrapping my hands around his neck. 'Sita Maa's surprise was huge. I am very happy that she finally accepted Kanamma,' I smiled reminiscing the moment. 

'Yeah. I was awestruck. I mean it came like a bolt out of the blue,' he nodded. 'After seeing that, I have a hope that she will accept you soon too,' he smiled. 'Let her take some time,' I said as he freed me. I sat in the bed and he sat beside me. 'And something is going on,' before I could complete he said, 'Between Arya and Deiva. Something'. 'Maybe you should talk to him,' I suggested.