51- A new journey!

Adithi's POV:

I cannot believe that she talked with me. She asked me to fetch some essentials from the storeroom and the mart. Mart. It may sound absurd but that's what she said. 

And when I came back, the function was almost over. I went to the kitchen and placed the things on the table. 'So you got everything?' she walked to the table.

'Yes Aunty,' I nodded. 'Good,' she checked with everything. 'Keep them back and they will be useful for tomorrow's Pooja,' she said and walked out. What? Tomorrow's Pooja? So she wanted me to get things for tomorrow? I felt like she had some motive behind this.

My head started aching. I made myself some coffee and sipped it. Relieving. 'Where did you go?' Jeeva's voice startled. I turned to him instantly and sighed. 'Sita Aunty wanted me to get some stuff from the mart,' I sipped the coffee. 'Mart? For what?' he asked confused.

'Yes. She said that they are for tomorrow's Pooja,' I replied as he walked to me. 'But I already got everything today. She knew it,' he looked at the essentials. 'What? She knew it?' I questioned. 

'Yes. I told her that everything is ready. She intentionally sent you out,' his tone became low as he completed the sentence. 'I guessed,' I emptied the cup and placed it aside. He touched my hand and gazed at them.

'Maybe she doesn't want the same thing to repeat,' I whispered. He looked at me worried. 'But, I have an idea,' he probed through his pocket. He showed me a pen and took my hand in his. 'So you are going to write with a pen?' I smiled. 'Yes,' He wrote his name on my wrist. 'Done,' he smiled looking at his name.

Jeeva's POV:

She leaned over my shoulder holding my hand. 'She will understand everything soon,' I caressed her head. 'She will,' she looked at me with a smile. 'Let's go,' I said and we both walked to the living room. Most of the guests have already left. 

After everyone left, Uthra went to change. I and Arya went to send off the guests. When we went back, Amma and Adithi were sitting on the couch. 'Maa, I am sorry. I forgot to tell something,' she said.

'What is it, Adithi?' Amma asked. 'Tomorrow is Appa's memorial. I have to give thithi. So I cannot come to the Pooja,' she stated. 'Adithi. It's fine. No need for apologizing. It's your duty. You can join us after giving thithi,' Amma caressed her head. 

'No Amma. Attending a Pooja, that too a Pooja for a marriage, the same day when a thithi is given is not suggested. And it's not good too,' she refused. 'Then I will come,' I replied.

'No Jeeva! When a marriage is approaching you should not attend events like this,' she declined. 'But Adithi,' I tried to convince her. 'It's just a day. I can manage, Jeeva,' she stood up from her seat.

 'I will be expecting you soon,' Amma ordered her. 'Sure Amma. I'll be here soon,' she hugged Amma. 'Call us if you need anything, Adithi,' Arya said. 'I have arranged everything, Arya. But yes. If I need anything, I'll call you,' she smiled.

But I have no mind to leave her alone to do everything. She bid bye to everyone and walked out. 'I'll walk her out,' I made an excuse to everyone and followed her. 'So you don't want me to come tomorrow,' I walked to her. She turned to me with a smile pausing in her tracks. 

'Yes. I explained the reason,' she patted my cheek. 'But still, my heart cannot accept it,' I frowned. 'Tomorrow you will have guests. And when they ask about you, what will everyone do?' she questioned me. 'They will start to feel ominous about it, Jeeva. It will curb the peace and the vibe. I don't want that,' she explained.