45- Marriage bell rings

Adithi's POV:

I love him. I wiped my tears off and looked at him. He was sleeping peacefully. I left his hand softly in the bed and leaned back in the chair. I looked at him resting my head in the nearby table.

Birds chirped. I opened my eyes. I slept here all night. It was morning. I stood up instantly and walked to the window which was allowing the sunlight in. I silently closed the curtains making the room dark again.

I walked to him and sat beside him. I gently caressed his hair which was waving in the air. I caressed his cheek and covered him with the duvet. He moved in sleep. I slowly removed the cotton cloth from his forehead and placed a band-aid over the wound. I caressed his face and walked out to my room.

I got ready and went to the nearby temple. I prayed for his recovery and got Prasad for him. I returned home and prepared breakfast. Aadi finished off his breakfast and walked to Jeeva's room. He came back to me. 'He is still sleeping,' he said and I gave him some Prasad. 'I'll be with him Aadi. You go to the office,' I said. He agreed and went to the office.

I sat on the couch relaxing. The thought of loving him made me feel happy and sad. I am happy that I have never thought I would find love in my life but I found it in him. I am sad thinking about his feelings. Will he love me back?

The thought of him not loving me felt like thunder falling in my head. I couldn't even think of him hating me. He won't hate me and also not love me. But I have to accept his decision. Even though if he doesn't love me, I want him to be a part of my life. I am confusing myself. Adithi, relax. Worry about his decision later. My inner self yelled at me.

I should check on him. I walked to his room and he was still sleeping. I placed the Prasad on the table and sat in the chair beside his bed. I slowly placed my hand over his. He moved slightly in sleep and gripped my hand tightly. I sat there looking at him. He moved again and slowly opened his eyes.

I got up and tried to walk away. He stopped me by holding my hand. 'Why are you avoiding me?' his voice was rusty. I turned to him. 'I am not avoiding you. I cannot forgive myself for what have I done,' I said and gently freed my hand from his and walked out. I shouldn't have done that. I should have been strong in my decision.

I forgot about Prasad. I walked in again and smeared the holy ash in his forehead. 'I need to talk,' he said sitting straight. I didn't reply. 'I said I need to talk,' he said in a loud tone. 'I am here. You can talk,' I said looking at him. He sighed. 'I need a conversation,' he raised from the bed. 'After breakfast,' I replied calmly. 'Why not now?' he asked. 'Because your health is important than this conversation,' I answered. 'But this is important to me,' he insisted.

Jeeva's POV:

'And you're important for me,' she said and kept the Prasad in the table and left the room. I know I am important to her. But I cannot stay like this. I need her to be normal with me. I walked to the shower.

When I returned after the bath, I found a few band-aids in the table. She must have placed them. I looked at myself in the mirror. The bruised skin has changed a bit due to the balm. I stuck the band-aid over the wounds in my forehead and cheek. I wore a shirt and walked to the dining table.

She looked at me and served me the food. She was all silent while I ate the food. I cleaned my plate after finishing off the food. I went back to her and sat opposite to her. 'Can I have a conversation now?' I asked her. She nodded. 'Adithi. Why are you not talking with me?' I asked her.

'Because I would have lost you,' she stood up and walked a few steps. 'But you haven't,' I moved to her and stood opposite to her. 'I shouldn't have done that Jeeva. It risked you. It may be ok for you. But not for me,' she had tears in her eyes. 'Adithi. It's ok. Nothing happened to me,' I tried to convince her.