20- Stay Away From Her

Jeeva's POV:

"Amma...",I entered her room. She suddenly hid something in the wardrobe and closed it. "Jeeva... What's the matter pa?",she asked. She is worried. "Amma... Why are you worried? Any problem?",I asked her. "No... No da... No problem... My two sons and daughters are here... Then why should I worry... What's the matter Jeeva?",she replied. She is lying to me.

"Amma... Prasad is ready... Kanamma prepared it with great care just like you...",I said with a smile. "That's really great...",she replied. "Amma... You look worried... What's bothering you Maa?",I asked her. "Jeeva... I am not worried at all...",she lied again. I narrowed my eyes. "What da? Why are you looking like this?",she questioned me.

"You know very well that you cannot lie to me and even if you lie I can easily get your lies... Then why are you trying to lie to me...",I stated. "I am worried about my saree da... I don't know what to wear... That's why I am like this da...",she tried to compromise me. "A lie again...",I said and opened the wardrobe.

My favourite silk saree fell in my feet. Her face turned dark and a deep breath escaped from her. She sat in the bed and lowered her gaze. I went near her with that saree and sat beside her. "Amma... Why are you hurting yourself thinking unnecessary things?",I asked her. "Jeeva... I am trying to get rid of it... But I can't... I should not wear clothes like this... You know that too... And I should follow this",she said with tears in her eyes.

I felt a pain through my heart. I draped the saree around her shoulder which shocked her. "You are not following it. I don't want my mother to wear a white saree and roam around with that... It was just a superstition. That's it... Your life should be colourful... Even Appa would think this... I and Arya made it clear two years before... But why are you pushing yourself into this damn thing? I always want my Amma to be colourful as always... As you have lost Appa it doesn't mean that you have to wear white saree and you should not wear any jewels and flowers... I want my same Amma who was before... I don't believe these bullshit things... All these things are bullshit... I don't have faith in those things... You know that well...",I explained cupping her face.

"But Jeeva... What will others think? Won't people speak bad of me and your Appa?",she asked and stood up. "People's sayings... My foot... I don't even care what they speak... Who was there when we lost our Appa? Who was there when Appa was helpless? No one except Raj Mama and Dayalan Uncle was there... Then why should we care them? We have invited these many people for this Pooja... But I know that many of them ignored us when we were in crisis... For just Appa's sake I invited them today... Should I accept what those people say?",I fumed. She cried which made me cry but I controlled it.

"Just remember one thing... We are by your side and we know how you loved Appa and how you are missing him... I don't think others should notice that and show off sympathy... You are our pride Amma... And our pride should never cripple for unnecessary things...",I said with tears in my eyes. She wiped off my tears. "I'll not let your pride to cripple and You all are my pride Jeeva...",she said with a broken voice. I wiped her tears in return.

"Ok... Enough of this... Amma promise me that you'll not think like this ever... You should wear all the saree in all colors... And don't forget the flowers which would enhance your beauty...",as I said she smiled amidst her tears. "Ok... Wear this saree... This is my favourite one and I'll get you matching ornaments...",I said and went to her wardrobe and selected her a beautiful diamond earring which Appa presented her as her marriage gift. I gave it to her and made her wear it.

Also I gave her bangles and necklace. She wore them and she was stunningly elegant. "My Amma should be like this... You look like Goddess Mahalakshmi Amma...",I said pinching her cheeks. She kissed me in my forehead. "I am really proud to have a son like you Jeeva...",she said and kissed me again.