65 - Escape from reality

Adithi's POV:

'I know you would be shocked. But I didn't expect it to be this much,' he said. I couldn't react. Suddenly all I felt was darkness consuming me as my legs wobbled.

I felt someone calling my name. The voice seemed distantly familiar. When I opened my eyes he was standing beside me. I moved back terrified and hugged my legs. 'Hey! Don't panic,' he tried to touch me. 'Don't,' I moved back shocked. 

'I know why you are scared. It is a lot for you to take in. I was dead till yesterday. But I am standing alive in front of you,' he said. 'Get out,' I controlled my tears. 'Adithi! I am here for you. You need me,' he tried to near me. 'Get out. I don't need you. Get out,' I shouted. 

'Ok. I will. But remember one thing. I need you and you're only mine,' he said in a threatening tone and left. I ran to the door and locked it immediately. I leaned against the door and slide down. How did it happen? He was dead. Kartika told me. I knew he was dead. How did he come alive after all these years?

Kartika's POV:

I got out of the elevator and was shocked to see the person. 'Hi! I hope you remember me,' Sanjay walked to me. Shit! Adithi. 'Why did you come back?' I asked angrily. 'Why wouldn't I? People always come back to people they love. I love her and came back to her,' he stated. 

'Stay away from her. Else you will face the consequences,' I warned him. 'I am ready for everything this time,' he smirked and walked away. I ran to her flat and rang the doorbell.

'Just go away,' Adithi yelled. 'Adithi, it's me. Kartika. Open the door,' I called her. She opened the door instantly with a teary face. 'Are you alright?' I held her shoulders. 'Why didn't you tell me that he is alive?' she asked as tears flowed down her face. She seemed scared. 

'Adithi. I am sorry. I wanted you to get out of your past. I didn't want you to live your life in fear,' I tried to console her. 'He is back. What is your answer now?' she yelled wiping her tears. 'You should have told me. You should have told me the truth, Karti,' she cried. 

'Adithi. I am sorry,' I tried to calm her down. 'His words are still echoing in my mind. He said I am his. And he needs me. That cannot happen. That cannot happen,' she shouted like a maniac which made me scared. 'Adithi. Relax. Relax. Everything will be fine,' I tried to make her sit down. 

She pushed my hands away. 'Nothing will be fine,' she looked at me. 'He murdered my parents. He tried to kill me. And now he wants me,' she wiped her tears. She walked to her room and locked the door.

 'Adithi. Open the door,' I tapped the door. 'Leave me alone,' she said. I sat on the couch worried for her. What I didn't want to happen happened. My phone rang. It was Jeeva. What would I tell him?

**** AT NIGHT ****

Adithi's POV:

I wiped off my tears. Past cannot be changed. Present and future can be controlled. I am done letting him hurt me. I am done letting my past affect me. I won't let him hurt me. I won't let him hurt my family.

I stood up determined and opened the door. 'Adithi,' Kartika ran to me. 'Are you alright?' she asked worried. 'Karti. Thank you so much. Thank you for always keeping me happy,' I hugged her. She looked at me confused. 

'Adithi,' she looked at me. 'Karti. You tried your best to keep him away from me. But fate has once again made us meet. Because this time he has to be demolished,' I stated. 'I don't understand,' she said confused. 

'I am done letting him hurt me. I am done letting him hurt anyone. This is payback time. I will make him pay for everything he did,' I answered determinedly. She looked at me in awe. 'Because this time I am not ready to lose anyone. And it's only up to me, how I react to him. I am not ready to go weak this time,' I explained.