46- Proposal

Adithi's POV:

I woke up panicked seeing the time. Shit. I have to go to the office. I rushed and got ready. I toasted the bread and grabbed it. I took my bag and left home while eating toast.

I wished Amaya as I entered the office. I took the elevator and went to my cabin. I peeked in. Jeeva is not here. I lounged in my seat and ate the rest of the toast and drank water. 'So much hunger?' I heard his voice. I gulped the water and smiled at him.

'I woke up late,' I scratched my head. He smiled and walked to his cabin surfing through his phone. I went to Blazy and gathered all the details and reports of the works happened when we were in Theni. She discussed the upcoming works and projects.

We have to visit a construction site. I got the plan and other details about it and went back to my cabin. I checked the reports and walked into his cabin. 'These are upcoming and ongoing projects,' I placed the reports in his table. 'So we have to visit a site today,' he sighed after reading the report.

'What is Arya doing?' he asked. 'He is checking with the Logistics department,' I replied. 'Oh. The Mumbai goods?' he nodded reading the reports. I secretly admired his sincerity and seriousness. 'Yes, it is dispatched today,' I replied looking at him. 'We're leaving within minutes. Get ready,' he looked at me. 'Ok,' I nodded and walked to my cabin. I gathered the plan copy and contract papers and filed them.

We both left the construction site. We talked with the chief engineers and checked the progress. We skipped lunch as there were a lot of works as the deadline was nearing. He was so engrossed in work. But he was also watching me. It was dusk when we wound up work on the site. We slowly walked towards his car. 'Are you feeling hungry?' he asked turning to me. 'A bit,' I replied tiredly. We got in the car and he ignited the car. I should tell Kartika about my love.

'Get down,' he touched my shoulder. We were in a hotel. 'I can go home and get something, Jeeva,' I refused. 'I think you will remember what you said when you got me to that eatery,' he raised his eyebrows. 'Tit for tat?' I smirked. 'Not exactly,' he smirked back. I chuckled adoring his smirk. 'Come,' he got out of the car and I followed him. He locked the car and held my hand. I silently enjoyed the delicacy in his touch. We both went to a table and occupied it.

Jeeva's POV:

The waiter came to us to collect the order. 'Gobi Manchurian and Naan,' I said looking at Adithi. It's her favorite. She looked at me amused. 'Veg Dum Biryani,' she said looking at me with a wide smile. How does she know my favorite? I looked at her surprised.

'How did you order it?' I asked as soon as the waiter left. 'Well, it is your favorite,' she replied. 'How can tell so confidently?' I asked her raising my eyebrows. 'Because I know,' she said. I looked at her questioningly. 'I have cooked nearly all varieties of rice when we were in Theni. The only day I felt like you enjoyed eating the food is when I cooked biryani. And I noticed it again in the feast,' she smiled and sipped the water.

'It is not my favorite,' I lied. She took her phone and called someone. 'Hello, Uthra! May I know what Jeeva's favorite food is?' she asked. My eyes widened. 'Biryani Adithi. Why?' Uthra asked back. 'He said it is not his favorite,' she stated. 'That's a lie,' Uthra replied. 'Ok. Bye Uthra,' Adithi ended the call. She wiggled her eyebrows which made me chuckle.

'You're,' I stretched. 'Intelligent,' she smirked playfully. I left out a soft laugh. Our food came and we ate it. She shared the Naan and Manchurian with me while I shared the biryani. She grabbed the bill as soon as it reached our table. 'Not again,' she said paying it. 'Adithi,' I frowned. She imitated me. I silently admired her reactions.

Then we left the office. She went home on her bike. I stood there looking at her till she faded away from my sight. Every minute I spend with her passes so quick making me yearn to spend time with her. And our stay in Theni brought us a lot closer to us. I reached home. I parked my car and walked in.