39- PTSD

**** The Next Day ****

Adithi's POV:

I returned home and fell on the couch. I tied my hair into a bun and cleaned my flat. I wish I could stay at the office for the whole day. Again a nightmare spoiled my sleep earlier this morning. The office seemed to be a better distraction. Bhabhi and Bhaiya have gone to their hometown.

I folded the dried clothes and ironed them. After arranging them in my wardrobe, I grabbed my pajamas and went in to shower. The nightmare flashed in my mind. Seeing myself in a pool of blood along with that bastard.

I woke up startled as soon as I saw myself. I let the water wash away the nightmare from me. I tied my hair in a loose ponytail after the shower and lounged in the balcony. I took my phone and found Kartika's message.

'I'll be there within an hour'

A perfect smile pastured my lips. I'll prepare something special for us. I played my favorite songs in the Bluetooth speaker and entered the kitchen. The aroma of sautéed spices filled my lungs and relaxed me further.

I started dancing to the music and chopped the mushrooms. And I made dough and rolled the balls flat. I hummed the song playing and prepared the gravy. I searched for extra tomatoes. To get them from the fridge I turned around.

I screamed a bit seeing Jeeva standing at the doorstep. 'Oh my God! You scared me,' I gasped for air. He was standing leaning in the frame with his hands in his pockets and head cocked to the side. 'When did you come? I didn't notice you,' I stammered from shock. 'Well, you need to see your door. It was wide open,' he said raising his eyebrows.

'God! I didn't close the door,' I walked past him to the living room. 'Surprise,' everyone screamed startling me. Amma, Arya, and Uthra were here. I simply hugged Amma. It was a complete surprise. I broke the hug and looked at them.

'Sorry, we didn't mean to startle you,' Amma said. 'It's Ok Maa,' I smiled. 'I thought I closed the door behind,' I walked to the door and closed it. 'You should be more careful Adithi,' Uthra hugged me tightly. 'Yeah. I thought I did,' I replied and broke the hug.

'When did you all come? I didn't even notice. I was cooking in the kitchen,' I said looking at them. 'We came before 5 minutes. The door was wide open and the music was playing. Then we saw you in the kitchen,' Arya said. So they all saw how I danced and sang.

'And you were completely engrossed in dancing and cooking. So we thought not to disturb you and give you a surprise,' he smirked. 'What they did was a surprise. What you did was startling me. My heartbeat is still high,' I placed my hand over my chest. 'I am sorry. I didn't expect that you'd be scared,' he chuckled.

'You're completely impossible,' I huffed. Everyone left out a slight laugh. 'Just a minute. I'll join you after turning off the stove,' I ran to the kitchen. Thank god! Nothing got burned. 'You have a well-organized kitchen Adithi,' Amma complimented. 'Thank you so much, Maa. I am just following my mother's style,' I added the tomatoes and added some extra mushrooms to the gravy.

I prepared coffee for everyone. Amma and Uthra were standing at the balcony enjoying the breeze. They both took their cups. I gave coffee to Arya who was talking over the phone in the living room. Jeeva was closely looking at the photos hanging in the wall. 'Is this you?' he asked surprised taking his cup.

'Yeah. I was much younger when they took this picture,' I smiled. 'Nice coffee,' he said raising his eyebrows after sipping the coffee. 'Actually, Amma was pretty upset thinking of Kanamma. So for a change, we brought her here. You don't feel interrupted right?' he asked. 'I hate when you talk like this. So formally. Like I am a stranger. I am very happy that you all are here. And you upset me by talking like this,' I frowned and moved back to the kitchen with my coffee and prepared dough enough for everyone.