67 - All Happy Things

Jeeva's POV:

I saw Adithi standing silently crying. 'Adithi,' I called her. She pointed a gun towards me. 'Sorry, Jeeva. But I have no choice,' she said and turned the gun towards herself. 'No. Stop,' I yelled but my hands were tied behind my behind. 'Adithi. Don't do this. Stop this right now,' I shouted.

I heard the gunshot and she fell to the floor. 'No,' I wailed. I woke up startled. I rose from the bed as Adithi was not beside me. 'Adithi,' I called her. She came out of the restroom yawning. Seeing me agitated she walked to me quickly. 'What happened?' she sat opposite to me. I hugged her immediately.

Adithi's POV:

'Everything's fine. I am here,' I caressed his back. 'Nightmare?' I asked caressing his head. He didn't reply. 'It's ok, Jeeva,' I kissed his cheek. 'It scared the hell of me,' he said as he parted away from me.

'Don't worry. Everything will be alright,' I said optimistically. He nodded. I poured some water into a glass and gave it to him. He drank it and lied down. 'Good night,' I kissed him on his forehead and lied beside him caressing his hair.

Jeeva's POV:

I tossed to look at her. She was snoring which made me smile. I wonder how she can sleep so soon. I wouldn't let anything happen to you. At any cost. I took her hand in mine and kissed it. She smiled in sleep and cuddled closer to me. I sighed closing my eyes.

**** IN THE MORNING ****

Adithi's POV:

Finally, his chapter is over. I sighed out of relief. No need to worry about him or the past anymore. Jeeva walked out of the shower. He seems so upset after the nightmare. He took a shirt out of his wardrobe silently.

'Why are you upset?' I asked helping him button up his shirt. 'Nothing. Just can't get over the nightmare,' he sighed. 'Once a genius advised me that nightmares are manifestations of fear. Nothing else,' I acted like thinking. He smiled slightly. 'You know who the genius is?' I asked him.

'It's me. So it won't come true?' he asked me back. 'Nope,' I nodded my head in disagreement. He smiled trying to get over it. 'I thought of cheering you up by getting you some ice cream. But it seems you're not upset anymore,' I stepped back.

'Who said I am not upset? I am still upset,' he frowned. 'Give me that special butterscotch ice cream,' he pulled me towards him by holding my waist. 'I was talking about real ice cream. The one we eat,' I tried to free myself. 'Who said it isn't real? Who said we can't taste it?' he winked.

I smiled as I blushed hard. 'Maybe later. Now leave me,' I tried to get out of his grip. He pecked me in my lips and left me. I passed on his towel to wipe his hair. I tied my hair into a tail and checked my phone for any notifications.

Jeeva's POV:

'Can we go for a long drive?' I asked her. 'Like now?' she asked confused. 'Maybe in the evening,' I shrugged. 'Ok. I will call you once I get the chores done, Ok?' she asked. I nodded with a smile. I blow-dried my hair and got ready for work. She already left to help Amma with breakfast.

'Jeeva?' Arya entered the room. I looked at him. 'Is everything alright?' he asked seeing my face that instant. I nodded negatively. 'I don't feel like everything is over with Sanjay. I don't know why I am feeling like this,' I frowned.

'Jeeva, he is locked up. The judgment will be delivered today. There's no chance he could get out,' he pressed my shoulder. 'I am dying to know the judgment,' I sighed. 'Don't worry. Everything will be alright,' he assured making me smile.

'Get ready soon. You don't want us to be late for the trial,' he rushed me up. 'I was getting ready,' I smiled wearing the watch. I followed him downstairs and we all ate breakfast together. Then we left for court with Adithi. Venkat and Gautam were already there. The trial started.