35- Race

Jeeva's POV:

Arya was driving the car and I was just looking out. I saw a flower shop. It came to my mind all of a sudden. "Arya... Stop the car. Stop", I said. "What happened Jeeva?" he asked me. I got out of the car and walked to the flower shop.

"How can I help you sir?" the salesman asked me. "Do you have white roses?" I asked in return. "Sorry, sir. Today we only got these beautiful red roses", he replied.

"Ok. I want a bouquet full of red roses. Can you deliver it to someone?" I asked him in return. "Yes, sir. You can write their name and address. We'll send them", he smiled. "Thank you", I thanked him.

"Sir any special note to them? We'll deliver the flowers with the note", he said. "Yes. I am writing the line here", I wrote the line along with the name and address in the paper he gave him.

I selected the bouquet and paid for him. I walked back to the car. Arya was waiting with an angry face. "Where did you go?" he asked me. "To send flowers", I replied with a smile. "To whom?" he looked at me sharply.

Adithi's POV:

I texted Uthra that I won't be going to the dance class today as I took out the wet clothes out of the washing machine. She didn't respond. She might be busy now. I went to the balcony and tied the ropes. I started to hang the clothes to dry.

"Adithi... When did you get back from the office? Why didn't you come to me?" Neha Bhabhi hugged me from the back.

"An hour before Bhabhi. I had to wash the dishes and my clothes and see the bedroom. It's so messy. I have to clean that too", I sighed. "Don't worry. I'll help you", she took a wet towel and hung it. I nodded and went to my bedroom.

I finished up cleaning within minutes and returned to the living room where Bhabhi was waiting for me with coffee. "Bhabhi, you're super-fast. I have to learn a lot from you", I sat beside her.

"Enough of praising. Drink this", she stretched the cup. I took a sip and it was different. "Its badam milk for your stamina", she replied on seeing my weird face. "But Bhabhi... I like coffee", I whined.

"No you have to drink this", she insisted. Somehow I emptied the cup and placed it in the table. Not bad. It tasted fine. "I know. That's why I made it for you", she twisted my ear.

"Bhabhi are you reading my mind?" I asked her narrowing my eyes. "I just know what you think. I know very well about your thoughts and tastes", she winked. I giggled.

The doorbell rang. I walked to the door and opened it. A man was standing with a bouquet full of red roses. "Adithi?" he asked me. "Yes... It's me", I replied. "This is for you mam", he handed me the bouquet and walked away.

"Hello... Who sent this?" I asked him. But he walked without replying. "Who's that Adithi?" Bhabhi asked me. "I don't know Bhabhi", I replied and looked at the card hanging with the roses.

"No one can snatch this from you" I read the calligraphic lines written in the card. There was no name. But I know who it is. A smile crept over my lips. "Adithi... Who sent it?" Bhabhi asked me again. I searched for my phone and called him.

"Hello", he answered. There was silence for a few seconds. "Thank you for the roses", I said. "How did you know that it's me who sent the roses?" he asked out of surprise.

"Well I just felt like you sent it", I replied with a smile. I could feel his smile even though I couldn't see him. "You like it?" he asked me. "Yeah... I liked it", I replied. There was silence at the other end.