64 - Face off

Adithi's POV:

I sat beside Amma enjoying the tea she made. Strong yet subtle. 'Now I know how Arya can make delicious tea,' I smiled at her. 'Maybe,' she smiled sipping the tea. 'Will Sita aunty accept Arya and Deiva?' I asked the question which was nagging me. 

'She will. Because she prioritizes Deiva's happiness over anything. So she definitely will,' her reply made me feel calm somewhat. 'Good morning,' Arya joined us. 'Good morning. Jeeva isn't awake yet?' Amma asked him. 

'He woke up before me,' Arya replied getting the tea from Amma. Just then he arrived. 'Well, I am here,' he sat beside me. 'What were you doing till now? You could have come down for tea,' Amma asked him. 'I was cleaning my room,' he got his tea. 'Sarla,' we heard Sita Aunt's voice in the living room. 

Amma looked at us and walked to the living room. Arya followed her. Jeeva looked at me. 'I don't want to go. I don't want to provoke her anger anymore,' I replied as he held my hand and pressed it gently. 'I know. But we have to right?' he caressed my back. 

I nodded. We both walked to the living room. 'I am really happy that Deiva and Arya love each other,' she looked at me and made a pause. 'And I think now it's time for me to give in,' She smiled looking at Arya.

Sita's POV:

'I agree with you, Arya. I am ok with you marrying Deiva,' she smiled. Sarla smiled at me. 'But I have two conditions,' as I said their smiles faded away. 'What Anni?' Sarla asked me. 'First, Arya and Deiva should get married first. Not Jeeva,' I stated. 

'Ok Athai. They will get married first. No objection for us,' Jeeva replied instantly. 'What is the second condition, Anni?' Sarla asked again. 'This girl shouldn't be a part of this family till their marriage. I don't want to see her anywhere, at any time during any occasion. Even discussions,' I said looking at her. 

She was shocked but she smiled at me. When Jeeva tried to say something she stopped him. 'If that's what you want, I am obliged to do it,' she said. Everyone was shocked. 'Adithi,' Arya tried to convince her. 'I am 100% Ok with it,' she replied. 'Because you stand in my mother's place. And how can I neglect mother's condition,' she responded. Something she said curbed my emotions.

Adithi's POV:

'I want to discuss with you, Sarla. About the marriage,' she said diverting her gaze away from me. I pressed Jeeva's hand and gathered my belongings. I walked towards the exit without looking back. This is the best I can do. I took a cab and reached home. I felt blank. 

Neither happy nor sad. Neither angry nor calm. It felt blank. Kartika called me just then. 'What happened? Something doesn't feel right,' she asked me. I explained what happened. 'Adithi. Why did you accept it?' she chided. 

'Karti. A lot has happened because of me. And if I haven't accepted it would have made everything even worse,' I replied. 'But are you happy? Just think about it. Think about your happiness,' she yelled. 

'Karti. I think I am ok with it,' I said. 'What did Jeeva say?' she asked. 'I stopped him before he said anything. He would have refused,' I stated. 'Adithi. I feel like this isn't the right thing. She is playing with all your emotions. And you all are stuck with it,' she explained. 'But they are her family,' I replied with a sigh. 

'So are you,' I stood up startled hearing Jeeva's voice. 'I will call you later,' I ended the call as he walked towards me. 'How many times I have to tell you the same thing?' there was a hint of anger in his tone. 'I know Jeeva. I am your family. This is our family. But she doesn't think that way,' I looked at him.