33- Past unveiled

Jeeva's POV:

"Then who am I? Who am I to you?",she asked me.

"Adithi...",I simply uttered. This question shocked me. How can she ask like this?

"I am no one to you and your family... Please leave me",she said as tears strained her cheeks.

I feel like falling apart. Broken. How can she be nothing to me?

She looked at me with pain in her eyes. I felt the same pain in my heart.

She walked away from me. Please don't go away. You cannot leave me like this.

I ran towards the gate and she was no more there.

She might have gone to her home. I ran towards my car. I saw Kanamma who was approaching me.

"Jeeva... I wanted to say this before... Sita Athai taunted Adithi badly for being with you all time... She was worried after hearing it and now she again mocked at her... Please console Adithi",she said without a break.

How dare she is? I know Adithi will not talk to me anymore... But I'll not let that happen. I ignited my car as fast as I could.

I reached her apartment and ran towards the elevator.

I couldn't resist myself. I ran towards Adithi's home as soon as the elevator opened.

Someone was standing at her doorstep all shocked.

"Adithi...",I said her name. She is the same one whom I met in the departmental store with Adithi.

"She came running. I think she is crying. She locked herself in her room",she answered shocked.

I went in and knocked her door. "Adithi... Please open the door... Please...",I requested her.

I could hear her cries. No... "Adithi... please open the door dear... At least for me",she also tried to open the door.

She wasn't opening. "Adithi... Please one last time... Please...",I said and I can feel my tone is breaking.

"Adithi... You call me Bhabhi right? Please open the door for me...",she said and knocked the door.

We both looked at each other as we heard door opening sound. She came out with a blank face and her eyes were bloodshot.

"Neha Bhabhi... I am so sorry. I don't want to meet anyone now. Please. I'll talk to you tomorrow",she said and locked the door without even expecting her reply.

She ignored me. "What happened? She came to your home right?",she questioned me.

I saw the door and then her. "We can move there. I don't want Adithi to hear this one more time",I stated.

I walked few steps away from the door and she followed me. I explained everything to her.

She had tears in her eyes. "Why it is always Adithi?",she said in a broken tone.

"No one knows how much pain she is hiding behind her smile... She haven't moved on from her parent's death till now",she sighed.

"I promise you... I'll not hurt her and won't let anyone hurt her. I'll make Adithi understand everything",I promised her.

"I'll meet her tomorrow. Let her take her own time. I'll not force her. But she cannot go away from me. I'll not let her go",I assured her and myself.

She smiled in return. "You'll not...",she replied which made me smile.

We both exchanged our phone numbers and I asked her to call me in case she needs anything.