34- A kiss to save

Adithi's POV:

"I'll check", Bhabhi went to check who's at the door. I brushed my hair and left it free. "Bhabhi...", I called her.

Why is she silent? "Bhabhi what happened? Who's that...", I went to the door and I stopped as soon as I saw the person.

"Uthra..." ,I uttered. She hugged me tightly. "Won't you talk to me?", she asked standing away from me.

"Come in", I walked in while she followed me. "Adithi... I don't know what to say about yesterday... But...", she stretched. "But what? What are you going to say? Just go away", I intentionally scowled her.

"Adithi... You can scold me... Insult me... Even beat me... But before that listen to me once", she requested.

"See I am not in a mood to talk anything. I am getting late. You can leave now", I said and went to my room.

"Adithi... You cannot do this to her. She'll be hurt", Bhabhi whispered to me. "Why should I care? I don't care for anyone", I intentionally yelled. I heard someone clapping behind us.

"Wow... Amazing performance Adithi. Marvellous... Whatever you want to do, do. But your eyes say what the truth is. I am your friend Adithi. Do you think I cannot read the true feelings in your eyes?", she said and stepped towards me with a smirk.

"I am getting late. I have to go", I grabbed my bag. "But before that listen to me and go", she grabbed my hand and stopped me. I remained silent.

"I know you will be depressed after hearing everything from her. But please don't pay heed to her words. You are important to me and everyone there. You promise me that you'll not leave us. Promise me", she affirmed.

"I am not promising anything", I relieved my hand from her and went to my dressing table. "Don't think to fool me" ,she yelled.

"I am not fooling anyone. I am saying the truth. The decision is yours. Whether to believe me or not", I started to brush my hair. Please leave Uthra. Why are you caring for me this much? Please don't make me express my feelings. Leave.

"Then tell me one thing. I won't disturb you hereafter. Tell me that our friendship was fake and you were just playing along. I'll leave you and never come back to you", she resorted. I don't want to say our friendship is just for name sake Uthra.

I have to do this to make you leave. "Ok then listen to me carefully. Everything was fake and I was just playing along", I replied without looking at her. Tears welled up my eyes.

"Tell the same thing by looking into my eyes. Then everything's over", she sounded so confident.

Maybe she knows that I cannot say that by looking at her. "If you are not leaving then I am", I grabbed my possessions and walked out.

**** AT OFFICE: ****

Jeeva's POV:

When she will come? I could not resist waiting. I don't think Uthra could have convinced her. Today I will convince her for sure.

Why she cannot feel the importance of her presence in our life?

I heard a knock at the door. Finally, she came. "Come in", I replied restlessly. She came in and greeted me.

"These are the revised contract papers, sir. I think you should take a look at them. And I have prepared the quotation for our new construction site", she didn't look at me even once.