38- Advice from a stranger

Adithi's POV:

'Hi!' I heard someone's voice behind me. It was Jeeva. 'Hi!' I replied happily after seeing him. 'You seem lost somewhere else,' he stated while walking. 'No. I was just thinking,' I replied as I walked with him. 'Kanamma is nowhere. Where's she?' I asked him looking around.

The whole place was beautifully decorated. We were standing near the pool. A moist breeze blew past us. 'They are on the way. Did Mother Grace tell you anything?' he questioned. I stopped in my track. 'No. I didn't hear from her. Is everything ok?' I panicked.

'Adithi, relax. Everything is perfectly fine. I ordered food for the children and got it delivered. And I thought Mother would have told you,' he said which shocked me. He did what I thought. I looked at my phone.

There were missed calls from Mother and a few messages. I looked at him surprised. 'How? I mean. How you?' I found hard to frame a sentence.

'When I booked everything before, I ordered extra food for the children. Because we will be lavishing in luxuries and they are uncertain about their next meal. And it's not just them. I have sent food to another two orphanages and two old age homes. And the dinner will also be sent to them. There won't be any wastage of food. Any extra meal here will be sent to a separate trust for the homeless. This is a simple act of kindness for us. But it will satiate their hunger and give them happiness. I hope they will be happy after eating the food,' he smiled.

Tears welled up eyes involuntarily. I hugged him instantly as tears flowed down. 'Adithi?' he called me. I didn't reply and tears flooded. He gently encircled his hands around me reciprocating my hug. I didn't care about what people will think about seeing us like this. I did what my heart said. I broke the hug and wiped off the tears. He looked at me with a soothing smile.

'I just thought about it when I saw the food. Thank you so much for being thoughtful,' I took his hands in mine. 'Well, welcome. Did you think that I'll not think about them after adopting them?' he asked me.

'No. I know that you're generous. But I didn't expect this from you. Thank you,' I looked at his eyes which smiled. 'Well, it's not only me. It's everyone in the family. Arya, Uthra, Amma, Kanamma, I and even you are part of this. So it's not just me,' he resorted.

I can't find words to describe him. I simply looked at him silently with a smile. 'I am going to meet Arya, who is looking after the decorations in the party hall. I hope you haven't eaten your lunch. Go in and eat. I'll meet you later,' he stated. I nodded and walked in.

'Adithi. Where did you go? I was looking for you,' she asked. 'I was talking Jeeva,' I replied. 'Come. Let's have food,' she said and we both had lunch. And when Kanamma came she ran to Amma first and hugged her tightly. She hugged Uthra and me. We talked for an hour. When Varun came to talk to her, Uthra teased him.

When it was time, we went back to the room. Uthra got ready and helped me with my hair. We went to Amma's room after we got ready. She was gorgeous in a pink silk saree wearing simple matching ornaments.

We all went to the party hall and found Kanamma and Varun ready for the reception. Shortly Jeeva, Arya, Venkat Anna, and Deiva joined everyone.

'Adithi. You look beautiful,' Arya hugged me friendly. 'You are also handsome in this suit,' I complimented as I reciprocated the hug. Deiva simply smiled at me and I smiled in return. Jeeva was busy welcoming all.

Uthra's POV:

Everyone started coming and reception started. Everyone took group photos with the couple. My colleagues and friends arrived. I introduced Venkat and Adithi to them. The environment was very positive and happy. As the clock neared 7 the guests went to the dining hall which was adjacent to the party hall. Venkat was passing looks at me now and then.