17- Confession

Venkat's POV:

"Venkat... Finally you came home...",Amma said. "Maa... Why are you awake? It's so late and Appa is also not in town... Are you waiting for me?",I asked. "Venkat... I think Deiva is upset with something... She haven't ate the dinner too... She locked herself in the room... I tried to talk to her but she is ignoring me",she worried. What happened to her suddenly?

She will not be like this... "Amma... You go to bed... I'll talk to her and make her have dinner... You don't take stress...",I said holding her shoulder. I walked towards her room. I stopped in my track. "Maa... Did you say anything that would upset her?",I asked her. "No... Today my friends came here... I was talking about your and her marriage... She was also with me... After that she ignored me and left to her without having dinner...",she said.

That might have made her mind upset. I knocked the door. "Deiva... Open the door... It's me...",I said knocking the door. She opened the door without even looking at me. "I don't want dinner... I am not hungry...",she said and was about to close the door. But I stopped her from doing it. "Deiva... What's your problem? Tell me...",I said. She looked at me. "If I tell you my problem then can you help me to solve it? I don't think so...",she said.

"I can... I will try my best to solve it... If you share your problem then you might feel somewhat good... That's why I asked you... If you don't want that to happen then its fine...",I said and turned to leave. "Then help me Venkat...",she said holding my hand. I know how to talk to her to agree with me. If I show that I am so eager to hear her then she won't tell me her thoughts. "First we will eat then we'll talk...",I said. She nodded. "Just five minutes... I'll refresh myself and join you...",I said and walked towards my room.

She was waiting for me at the dining table. "Come let's eat Deiva... We may be upset... But we should not ignore our food for that...",I said. She smiled at me and started eating. Though she is so rude with me she is my sister and I cannot see her like that. We finished our dinner and she was all silent. "So you don't want to tell anything to me...",I reported.

"No... I was just thinking...",she uttered. "Venkat what do think about the foundation of a relationship?",she interrogated. "Deiva... It differs to person to person... Everyone's point of view may not be same",I responded. "What do you think?",she asked me. "I think it's all about trust and understanding...",I said.

"Do you think that friendship is enough for a marital relationship?",she asked confused. "Well... It's is important... But it is not enough...",I replied. "Yeah I too thought that... But You and Uthra were friends right?",she asked. "Yes we were... Deiva why are you asking this?",I asked. "Venkat... I think Mom is forcing me to get married... I am not ready yet... That too with Jeeva... I don't think we would be happy if we get married...",she said with a gaze of horror.

I can't believe this. "Venkat... Mom was only insisting me to get close to Jeeva... She was the only one who wanted us to be together... But I found that I was forcing Jeeva also... I realised my mistake and didn't disturbed him... But today Mom again started to insist me today... I don't know what to do... I know that we cannot be happy together... Because the only relationship we have is friendship... Not even more than that... I have analysed my mind and heart... We don't even have better understanding Venkat... I don't like what Mom is saying...",she spoke without a break. My eyes widened in surprise. So it was Mom who insisted her.

"I know Dad will support me if I take any decision... And you will also support me... But Mom?",she said. "Don't worry... We'll explain Amma about this... We will also talk to Jeeva and Arya about this... They will also help us... It's not a big deal Deiva... You are not getting married tomorrow itself... If you are not interested then nobody is gonna force you into it...",I said.