48- Surprise!

Adithi's POV:

I got ready and decided to meet Sarla Amma as I haven't seen her for a week. And I'll also see him. I locked my flat and went on my bike. I brought it to power and drove away.

Uthra smiled and ran to me as I entered. 'Came to see your love?' she winked. 'No. I came to see my Amma,' I hugged Amma who was sitting on the couch. She kissed me in my forehead. 'Really? So you're not here to see Jeeva,' she raised her eyebrows. 'No. But yes. I mean,' I tried to explain. 'Ok. Ok. I understand,' she smiled and winked.

'Don't tease her,' Amma hit Uthra gently. 'Where's Jeeva and Arya?' I asked placing the keys in my bag. 'Jeeva is in the kitchen. And Arya is in the garden,' Amma replied placing the newspaper over the table. 'He is our chef today,' Uthra said applying moisturizer in her hand. Amma applied oil to Uthra's hair. 'I'll do it,' I said and massaged the oil in her scalp. 'You're a good masseuse,' she closed her eyes.

I smiled and relieved the tangles in her hair. I finished off the massage and sat beside her. 'I am feeling sleepy after your massage,' she leaned in my shoulder and yawned. 'Nightshift?' I asked patting her cheeks. 'Yes,' she yawned again. 'You need to rest properly,' I caressed her head.

'Amma how's your knee pain? Is it ok now?' I asked pressing Amma's hand. 'Yes. Fine. It hurts occasionally. But it's ok,' she smiled. 'I'll be back after the shower,' Uthra raised and walked to her room. 'She will forget her towel for sure,' Amma followed her. How sweet! I looked at the kitchen. He is still cooking? I slowly walked to the kitchen. Jeeva was chopping carrots. I silently inched towards him and hugged him from his back. 'I was expecting you,' he said.

Jeeva's POV:

She leaned in my back and hugged me tightly. 'You knew that I am here?' she asked. I pulled her to the front and smiled. 'How I cannot know your presence?' I replied chopping the carrots. She sat in the desk with a smile. 'Your cutting skills deserve an A,' she took a carrot piece and ate it. 'Do you what was the part-time job I worked in the US?' he asked me. 'In some hotel. But I don't know the details,' she took a piece again.

'I was working in a culinary division. It involved a lot of chopping and cutting. And my expertise comes from there,' I smiled. 'What did Arya do?' she asked curiously. 'He was working in drinks sections. All the drinks like coffee, cocktails, juices,' I sighed. 'And his expertise at tea making comes from it?' she took a piece which I chopped and ate it. 'Maybe. But he was always good at tea,' I replied.

She tried to take another piece which I chopped. I stopped her. 'You can take it after I finish chopping. You may get a cut,' I placed her hand away from the cutting board. 'That won't happen,' she again ate a piece. I resumed the chopping and she again brought her hand in between. She jumped from the desk holding her hand. 'I said not to do that,' I yelled and took her hand in mine. There was nothing in her hand. I looked at her narrowing my eyebrows. She giggled.

'It's not funny,' I replied and placed the knife back in the holder and sautéed the carrots along with the spice mix. 'Oh my god. You're angry with me,' she followed me. 'What did you do?' I asked her sharply. 'Calm down, Jeeva,' she rubbed my arm with a smile. 'I just wanted to see your reaction,' she said diverting her gaze away from me. 'You know very well about my reaction,' I seasoned the dish.

'Ok. I am sorry,' she held her ears apologetically. I closed the pan with a lid. She was still holding her ears. I smiled seeing her puppy face. I made her release her ears and cupped her face. I kissed gently in her forehead letting my annoyance down. I rested my forehead over hers and she looked at me.

'I was just annoyed,' I explained pulling her closer. 'So what can I do for that?' she asked with her eyes wide with surprise. 'You like to make peace?' I asked raising my eyebrows. She encircled her hands around my neck. 'Yes,' she whispered blushing. 'What would you do?' I asked curiously. 'Anything you like to?' she smirked. 'But first off the stove,' Uthra's voice startled us.