25- Will you forgive me?

Adithi's POV:

"You have to be here Adithi... Come in...",he said again. "But...",before I could say anything Amma said, "Jeeva is right... You should be here... Uthra bring her here" and Uthra came to me.

She took my hand in hers and walked in. Amma and Kanamma smiled at me. That aunty huffed on seeing me. Uthra gently pressed my shoulder with an assuring smile.

Arya's POV:

What Jeeva did is right. I didn't even thought that she could talk like this. The doorbell rang and Uthra went to check. I think it's their family.

Mr. Varun entered with his family. "Welcome Everyone...",Amma welcomed everyone. They greeted all of us after the introduction. He has two younger sisters and both of them are working now.

Kanamma served sweets and savouries for everyone. "We all like Kanamma very much... She is so sweet and we are really lucky get her as our daughter in law...",his father stated.

"Even we are also lucky to get a son like Varun",Amma replied. "We don't have any conditions for this marriage. We can confirm the engagement date after consulting with our astrologer. You should also come with us",his father declared.

"Sure Anna... I am so happy that they both are getting engaged and now we all are a family... If you need something you can tell us without any hesitation...",Amma said.

"No no... We don't need anything like jewels or money.... All of my children are well educated and they are earning. Everything's good by god's grace. But we have only one request... We want them to get married in a simple manner in our ancestral temple",his mother requested.

"As you wish Aunty... But we wish to conduct reception from our side... What do you think about that?",Jeeva asked her. "That's not a problem Jeeva. I'll take care of that reception...",his father replied.

"No uncle... It's for our sister from our side. And we will arrange everything for that...",as I said with a smile they agreed. Jeeva smiled at me happily as I pressed his shoulder gently. "What about Kanamma's work after marriage?",Amma asked them. "Of course she can work... She can pursue her career",Varun's father replied.

Uthra's POV:

Thank god for giving Kanamma good in laws. Everyone's happy. Me too. But I wish Venkat could have been here now. Where's he? Even though everyone's talking I could not stop looking towards the door.

"Then we'll take our leave...",Varun's father said. "Not so soon... You should join us for dinner...",Amma suggested. "It's fine... We'll join you all next time. It was really nice meeting you all",his mother exclaimed.

"It's our pleasure...",Amma responded. They all left after the usual formalities. Why he didn't came till now? I have sent him a message too. I know he's angry with me but he shouldn't have ignored this evening.

"I'll leave too...",Sita Athai got up from the couch. "Anni... What's the hurry? You are leaving so soon... I'll prepare dinner for you",Amma suggested. "I am not all interested to come here this evening but I came here just because for you and My Anna's words. But you all are insulting me for that. It will not be good if I stay here sometime",she fumed.

"Sita what's you problem? Kanamma is your brother's daughter. That means she's your daughter too. And this our family function...",Raj Mama tried to convince her. "Raj... If you want to stay here then stay I won't stay somewhere where there's no respect for me... I'll leave...",she walked out.

"Mama I am really sorry if I have said something wrong. My intention was not to hurt you both. To be frank I didn't liked the way she insulted Adithi. That's what made me to talk like that. Please forgive me if I am wrong",Jeeva Anna apologized him.