Trigger Warning: Animal Cruelty

(skip to the bottom now)

Hermione watched Harry walk past with a frown, he had turned into a foul boy and she turned up her nose as he passed. She watched him from the corner of her eye as he lowered his head while passing. They hadn't talked in weeks. A voice in her head whispered that she was being mean, but she ignored it as she shot him a disgusted look. He passed without a word, his eyes trained on the floor. She noticed that he was alone and wondered briefly why he wasn't following around Malfoy or at least had Scamander with him. Ron threw a ball of paper at Harry in a childish state. She rolled her eyes at the attempt of getting the other boy worked up. Harry flinched slightly as it bounced off the back of his head, but he didn't turn around. Ron and Dean laughed loudly and shouted at Harry. 

"Slytherin lover!" Dean yelled in Harry's direction "Go back to the dungeons!" 

"Snake lover!" Ron yelled with a sneer "you forgot something!" 

"Serpentsortia!" 

Harry froze in place and heard the scales slowly slide against the cold stone under him. His back tensed slightly as footsteps approached the small creature on the ground. Ron chuckled darkly lifting the snake in his hand. It twisted around and looked at Harry desperately. 

"Master, please,"

A loud thunk as the head of the delicate body slammed harshly against the stone wall. Harry flinched harshly, closing his eyes preventing any tears from falling. He took a shaky breath and continued walking down the hallway. He stopped when the lifeless body of the ball python flew past his head. Harry bent over and picked up the cool skinned creature. A tear fell down his cheek as he stared at it's body. Cold prickled over Harry's skin and his magic poured into the innocent victim. He felt a bone in the neck and felt as his cold magic cracked it back into place. His hands heated and Harry watched as the small creature lifted its head to look at him before turning to dust. Harry sighed heavily and watched a small shadow leak into the floorboards. He turned slowly to look at Ron. Ron stood pale as he watched the remaining ash float to the ground. 

(You can read now) 

"You shouldn't create a life," Harry said faintly "if all you intend to do with it is destroy it."

He turned and walked down the corridor, a small shadow of a serpent following at his heels. Hermione looked at Ron with tears in her eyes. 

"He may be mean, but that was cruel, even for you Ron."