-D-A-Y- (GUILT) trip

Harry pushed a large shopping cart through the large grocery store he had stumbled across on a back road near the hustle and bustle of the main street, Diagon Ally. The small elf followed Harry around the store looking rather bored with his lack of duties.

Harry sneered in the direction of an old woman who gave him a disapproving look. She wore a large hat that held an eagle on top of it and a large red handbag. Harry looked up to see a brown haired boy turn around the corner behind the disgusted old woman. She looked at the house elf with a large sneer.

"Come, Neville," she said, turning her nose to the sky "We don't want to be around these types,"

Harry caught a hold of Neville's attention and smiled a little at the sight of his best friend so close. The boy's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he gave Harry a slightly scared look as he walked by.

"Neville," Harry greeted, confusion at the boy's odd reaction filled Harry's eyes.

Neville looked really confused and looked around the room as if checking to see if this was a set up.

"What do you want, Scamander?" Neville asked, hostilely.

"Wh-" Harry's eyes opened fractionally as realization dawned on him "What, Longbottom, too pompous to accept a simple greeting? Tell me, why do you look down on me so much? Is it because my friend is a Slytherin or is it because I am a Hufflepuff?"

Neville frowned in thought and Harry looked at the old woman watching nearby. A sneer dawned his face again at the way she was sniffing down her nose at Demetry.

"Or is it because I'm not pureblood enough for you?" Harry added almost silently.

Neville didn't have the chance to respond before the red haired boy shoved past, a small elf wearing a suit struggling to keep up behind him. Neville looked back at the two rounding a corner with a frown. What type of wizard gives their house elf a George Armani suit?

Neville followed his grandmother out of the store, his mind turning over in circles.

Harry frowned and threw a few packages of Muggle snacks into the cart. His teeth were clenched in annoyance as he threw in a package of chocolate chips so harshly that the split open on the metal and spilt all over the floor. Harry's fists clenched on the trolley and he closed his eyes tightly, trying not to let his tears spill over. His shoulders shook with almost silent sobs as Harry hunched over the cart.

"Master?" Demetry asked, his voice soft.

Harry started crying harder and let out a small, hoarse cry of desperation. His eyes stung with pain from not wearing his glasses all day and the tears soothed them as much as they burned. A small hand pressed against Harry's back and Harry winced at the touch.

"Would you like to go home, Master?" Demetry asked, softly.

Harry took a deep breath and stood straighter, wiping the tears from his face. His expression went from that of a broken child, to a mask of a well-bred pureblood. Harry shoved his emotions further down into the pit of his stomach.  Demetry hesitated, his long ears pulling back in hesitation. Harry swallowed the saliva in his mouth and tensed his back.  Without sparing a glance to the mess under his feet Harry tossed another pack of chocolate in his cart and kept walking through the store.

The teller at the checkout Harry attended was a skinny girl with abnormally bright pink hair. She was loudly chewing black gum and wore a black shirt that stopped just under her ribs and skinny black jeans. She scanned his items with a bored expression.

"Twelve even," She said, throwing stuff in a bag for him.

Harry fumbled for change in his pants pocket and handed it to her with a blank expression. She leaned on the counter and looked him over.

"Aren't you a little young to be shopping by yourself?" She asked.

"Isn't your shirt a little short for you to be wearing it at work?" He retaliated.

She stood up straighter and smirked at the boy, throwing the Galleons into the cash register.

"What's your name kid?" She asked.

"Caleb," Harry said, swallowing a little.

"Well, Caleb," She said chewing the gum loudly "if you keep telling women how to dress you are going to be smacked across the face."

Harry opened his mouth when a loud voice from an isle nearby let out an annoyed yell.

"Are you serious?!" it yelled "Nymphadora some twit spilled chocolate chips all over the isle!"

Harry blushed and grabbed his bag from the counter and turned towards the exit.

"Hey," Nymphadora yelled "you spill those?"

Harry paused and looked back at her. He reeked of guilt.

She looked him over again and let out a small laugh.

"You better get out of here before he skins your hide," she said, leaning back on the counter.

Harry nodded and smiled, ignoring her somewhat exposed stomach and the way her legs looked in the tight jeans she wore.

"Thanks," He said, smiling brightly at her.

"Any time Caleb,"

"Bye Nym-

"Tonks," she cut off.

"Tonks,"

"Hey kid did you spill these?"

Harry and Demetry ran out of the story leaving behind a laughing teenager.