Supposed family

Harry let out a small whimper as the harsh water from the hose soaked his bloody skin. He stumbled and fell to the ground his back being assaulted by the foul hose. Harry whimpered at the freeze that tormented his body and tried desperately not to shake in discomfort. Petunia looked at his tiny frame with disgust and turned off the water with contempt. She handed the wounded child some clothes from his school trunk and turned hurriedly back into the house. Harry shakily stood up from the bloody puddle he was in and stumbled back to the plastic shed. His eyes cooled in the familiar darkness and Harry's heart beat faster than that of a humming car on a race track. He whimpered and peeled off the crusty school clothes, exchanging them with the crisp clean ones his aunt had provided him with. He pulled the once perfectly fitting shirt over his skeletal figure and relaxed at the new heat it provided him. Harry unsettlingly lifted afoot to put on the dry boxer briefs she had kindly added to the pile. He stumbled and let out a gasp as his hand weakly shot out to grab the wall and prevent his fall. After a few minutes of struggling Harry finally pulled them loosely up over his waist. He frowned as he felt his hip bones poking from under thin skin and sighed. After finally cinching a belt tight around his pants and lacing up his shoes Harry finally sat down and burdened the task of turning his head and looking at the tense corpses of his beloved pets. He gently wrapped them in his Hufflepuff cloak and carried them out of the plastic shed that killed them. He no longer cared about his thirst or his hunger or even of the soaking clothes he left behind in the shed. His green eyes glazed over as he carried the bundle of sorrow out through the side gate of number four privet drive. He sighed as his wand poked uselessly at his ribs. His sopping hair making him shiver as beads of water trailed down his forehead into his green eyes, coating the lens of his glasses and leaving them dangerously smudged. He didn't turn to look when Vernon dragged his trunk out of the house, or when Petunia's shrill voice told him not to trample her flower beds. Even when the once comforting eyes of his cousin traced his weak body from his upstairs bedroom Harry did not turn to meet his apologetic gaze. Suddenly a grey Honda civic pulled up in front of the house and parked on the side of the road. Harry sighed with relief when Cadence stepped out of the car, clutching the dead animals to his chest and making his way to the back seat, ripping open the door and getting inside, not even turning to say goodbye to his supposed family.