"Humph!"

When the train finally pulled into Hogwarts station Hannah was positively steaming with rage. Harry and the strange blonde girl had spent the entire night discussing fantasies from 'fairies' to 'shadow people' and 'souls' or more so lack thereof. Hannah had never felt so confused and left out in her life. She pouted profusely through the visit from the trolley, she stomped her foot at the changing of robes and the only time that she showed even a hint of a smile was when she smirked snootily at Luna when Harry promised to sit with her at dinner that evening.
The rest of the trip however was spent in a bitter jealousy that caused the other three companions on the journey to frighteningly look between Luna and Hannah and wonder if one should leave the train without bloody scratches going down ones cheek.
When they finally departed the train and made their way towards the carriages was the only moment to clear the tension. Even in the hardest of moments the sight of Hogwarts Castle lit against the sky was enough to calm anyone's nerves.
That is....
Until Malfoy appeared.

"Look who it is boys," Draco called with a sneer "Looney Lovegood has finally made an appearance at Hogwarts,"
"Don't call her that," Harry growled, stepping forward.
"Now now Potter," Draco said giving Harry a half hearted sneer "you don't want to upset our agreement,"
"I don't give a damn about the agreement, Malfoy," Harry said, stepping forward and looking up at Draco "leave Luna alone,"
It was the first time that any of the four friends had heard their quiet Harry speak out for anyone. He had quietly taken beatings for his friends, even gone as far as to kill for them. Never had the boy actually spoken so harshly towards anyone in their presence, however, least of all Draco Malfoy. If anything the small raven had an unhealthy amount of respect for the blonde.
"You made me wait, Potter," Draco pointed out, grabbing Harry's neck and growling at him "Do you really expect that to go unpunished?"
Harry paused momentarily. Draco's eyes bore into him and Harry immediately looked down.
"Punish me," Harry said just barely above his breath "not her,"
"I would have before but now you've caused a scene," Draco said, tightening his grip slightly.
Ron stepped forward from behind Harry, his fist clenching.
"Ron," Harry said in a stern and commanding tone.
The boy quickly took a step back, frowning.
Harry looked up at Draco and pouted a little.
"Please, Draco?" He said softly "Just leave the girl alone? I'm more fun anyways,"
Draco but his lip in a minuscule enough motion that only Harry caught the blonde's habit. Draco took a second to think it over, loosening his grip on the smaller boys neck and gently petting Harry's adam apple absentmindedly.
"Why would I do that for you?" Draco asked, leaning in.
"Simple," Harry replied with false confidence "I killed a troll for you. And I killed Quirrell for you. And I defeated Voldemort a second time for you. All the while risking my life every time."
Draco growled and released Harry. Everyone stared at the blonde in shock at his giving up so easily.
"You're safe Loony" Harry raised an eyebrow making Draco pause "Luna. For now,"
Harry smiled.
"Crabbe, Nott, Goyle! Let's go!"
"But what abou-"NOW NOTT!"
The four Slytherins turned and stormed off towards the trail to Hogwarts. Harry sighed in relief and slumped over, finally aware of the hand that was wrapped around his. Harry almost smiled down at the house elf. Almost.
"Harry that was amazing!" Hermione exclaimed "I've never seen you stand up to him like that before!"
"Yeah Mate," Ron added "I'm surprised he listened,"
"Well with cute Little Harry here," Neville said with a smile "it's hard to say no."
"I am not little nor am I cute!" Harry denied.
The two other boys laughed and leaned their elbows on Harry's shoulders.
"Yes you are," they said together.
"I think that was very noble of you Harry," Luna said softly.
Harry looked at the blonde and blushed at the praise. Hannah stuck her nose in the air and stomped off.
"Humph!"