Boisdeee

"The who?" Ron asked loudly at the breakfast table.
"The Peverall brothers," Harry said simply.
"Oh why do you want to hear about those guys," Ron groaned into his toast "they're practically ancient!"
"Yeah, well," Harry said softly "I'm curious I suppose,"
"Oh, alright," Ron said with annoyance "I'll tell you the bloody bedtime stories,"
Harry sat up and smiled happily. Ron rolled his eyes. A moment passed before Ron looked up from his toast, staring at Harry in horror.
"You want me to tell you NOW?!"
Harry nodded with a smile and leaned forward on the table. Ron groaned.
"Harry Potter," Ron said with a sigh "It is my first Saturday off without Hermione around me constantly getting on my back about homework. Quidditch try-outs are happening today and I had PLANNED on watching Fred and George try out for Beaters! Not on telling fairy tales to you!"
Harry pouted and looked up at Ron with big eyes several Gryffindor girls cooed at Harry's antics, one or two even offering to tell him the stories themselves if he wanted them to. Harry turned bright red at the offers.
"See? There you go! Plenty of girls will tell you bedtime stories!"
"Only cause I'm the boy-who-lived,"
Harry frowned and looked down, tears filling his eyes. Harry was exhausted, he was overwhelmed and he suddenly couldn't help it. He began to cry.
"What? What are you doing mate?" Ron asked looking shocked as Harry's shoulders shook lightly.
"You-you said you were my bes-best friend," Harry cried, looking up at Ron with tears streaming down his cheeks "Y-you were my first f-friend Ron! M-my first REAL friend! Even m-m-more important to m-me th-than N-Neville or Ha-Hannah! Luna a-and H-Hermione a-are like fa-family, but you-you are my BEST FRIEND!"
Ron turned red as more people started looking over and staring at the two as Harry's voice began to rise with emotion.
"You are s-supposed to d-do anything for your b-best friend!" Harry said, openly sobbing now "I K-KILLED A TROLL F-FOR YOU AND Y-YOU WONT TELL ME A S-STORY?"
Ron ducked his head as people began to glare at him. Harry wiped his eyes and began to cry harder.
"Look, Harry," Ron said softly "I said I'd do it later, alright?"
"Y-you said! You s-said that you have to g-go to George and F-Fred's try outs later!"
Fred and George turned at the sound of their name and stared at the sight before them. Harry Potter was hunched over crying into his lap and Ron was looking mortified. Even the twins had no joke to lift the mood.
"I do, Harry," Ron defended "theyre my brothers!"
"I k-know th-that," Harry cried "b-but I thought I w-was too!"
Ron groaned and rubbed his face.
"You are, Harry, but I can't miss this!"
Harry began crying harder and even the Slytherin table was staring openly now.
"B-but b-but b-but," Harry slammed down onto the table and cried harder i to his arm.
"How about you come with me yeah?" Ron asked quickly.
"Y-you want m-me to c-come?" Harry asked, sniffling and wiping his eyes.
"Yeah and after the try-outs we can play a little one on one and after ill tell you the stories. How about that does that sound good?" Ron asked, looking around him at all the eyes.
"Play?" Harry asked, staring at the table.
"Yeah, Harry," Ron said "we haven't been around eachother much this year, we can call it a boys day!"
"N-Nev's a boy," Harry sniffled, rubbing his eyes dry.
"That's alright, Harry," Neville said with a smile "I have to help Professor Sprout in the gardens. You go have a boy's day without me,"
"Yeah, we can just have every Saturday to the boys," Ron agreed, "Neville can come next time,"
"A boys day," Harry smiled, rubbing his nose on his sleeve.
"A boys day," Ron and Neville agreed.
"And you'll tell me about the brothers?" Harry asked, looking up at Ron.
"And I will tell you about the brothers." Ron agreed.
Harry smiled and nodded, sitting up straight. Suddenly some light clapping came from the head table. Dumbledore stood up and made his way down the isle to Harry's side.
"Excellent show of conflict resolution," he praised "this is the type of communication we like to have in Hogwarts. The exact sort of thing that gives me hope for the future generations,"
Harry smiled a little and Ron looked ready to faint.
"I'm awarding five points to each house for a great example of inter-house dynamic and how friendships can thrive even through the hardest of circumstances if one only remembers to communicate," Dumbledore announced proudly. "Harry, don't forget you have an appointment tomorrow so please don't stay up too late on this 'boy's night,'"
"I won't," Harry said softly "thank you, Professor,"
"I think we should talk over a spot of tea in the morning before your appointment," Dumbledore suggested "say eight o'clock?"
"Yes, sir," Harry agreed, happily.
Dumbledore smiled back at the boy and made his way down the line greeting other students before disappearing out of the great hall.
Harry felt much better. They were going to have a boy's day!