What

Harry watched from a great distance as Hagrid left the great hall. He felt alone. Not one single other student had chosen to stay at Hogwarts once the aurors had stopped looking for Ginny,  for the first time Hogwarts only had a single student to worry about. Worry, it did. The large class tables were discarded for a small one that Harry sat at along with the teachers. He didn't bother to say anything to them when they tried to introduce him to the conversation, rather choosing to take a bite just as they turned their heads to look at him. 

"May I be excused, Professor?" Harry said, quietly. 

"Yes, Harry." Dumbledore sighed. 

Harry wasted no time scooting back from the table and running out of the great hall. 

"I worry about that boy," Pomfrey said softly. "He's so small."

Minerva nodded and took a sip of wine from her goblet. 

"He's very secluded," Dumbledore agreed "Lonely child." 

"Do you worry he might turn dark?" Pomfrey whispered over her roast beef. "I worry for him." 

"There is a darkness in the boy," Sybil agreed "But a light too."

"I agree with Sybil," Dumbledore said sadly "He must walk a fine edge in his life"

Snape snorted into his goblet and rolled his eyes. 

Minerva turned to glare at the skinny man. 

"What do you think, Severus?" She asked annoyed. 

"I think you are all talking nonsense," He responded cooly, "Potter is a little boy. Not a savior, Not a demon in disguise. He's a child." 

"Oh, yes we know that," Minerva said flipping her hand in the air. 

"Do you?" Snape asked, sitting forward. "His best friend's sister just died and he has no one to talk to. That would be difficult for a grown man, let alone a child."

"Severus we are all grieving over the loss of Ginny Weasley," Minerva said, putting her wine down. 

"Yes, and every child has received the appropriate counseling for their grief except Potter." 

"Potter has a private counselor to talk to, you know that." Sprout chimed in, Flitwick nodding along. 

"Does he?" Snape asked, peering into his goblet "She doesn't seem very qualified to me," 

"Yes well Harry likes her, so she must be doing something right," 

"How do we know she is even a real counselor?" 

"Severus you are too paranoid,"

Harry listened at the door as the conversation faded. He started walking off when a large hand fell on his shoulder. Harry jumped forward and fell on the floor, pointing his wand up at the large man behind him. 

"Sorry, bout tha' Harry, didn' mean ta startle yeh" Hagrid said, swallowing a piece of chicken. 

Harry frowned and stood up, dusting himself off. His hands were shaking violently as he put his wand back into his jeans pocket. Hagrid watched him with a gentle smile. 

"I heard what they were saying back there an' I just wanted to say that I don't think it's true." 

Harry swallowed, looking over at the doors of the great hall. 

"I remember the day I came to get you from tha' miserable shack an," he paused "Now I know we haven' got off on the right foot, but I can tell Harry Potter tha' you are a good person."

Harry shifted slightly, staring up at the man. 

"You are clever, I didn' see it then, but I do now," Hagrid continued "You know, I never knew my mum either and-" 

Harry winced slightly at the admission of the grown-up, not used to seeing vulnerability in adults. 

"Well, anyways, I know tha if I was in a position like you were an' I had the chance to make my family love me- really love me, I woulda done the same thing," Hagrid continued "So to make a long story even longer, I understan' why you didn' wan' to come with me and I'm sorry if I scared you, Harry. And I don't think you're evil." 

Harry stared blankly at the man, his mind racing.

"An' I don't think you did anythin' to hurt tha' little girl," Hagrid said, finished. 

The big man turned to walk away. 

"I didn't." Harry said at last.

Hagrid turned to look at the young boy, surprise on his face. 

"I know what everyone says, but," Harry paused "I didn't hurt her."

"I believe you," Hagrid said, softly. 

"I only spoke to her that once, but," Harry continued without meaning to. 

"But?" Hagrid asked. 

"I... I think I know where she is," Harry admitted, instant relief washing over his body. 

"You do?" Hagrid asked, hopefully.

"I think she's in the bathroom." 

"What?"