Strolls in Time

Harry slammed down on his bed making the sleeping third Harry jump up in surprise.
"Hey!"
"Shut up, Sleeping Beauty!" Harry said, over his shoulder.
"We need sleep!" Caleb and the here-so-deemed Sleeping Beauty said together.
Neville looked around the room at the three separate Harry's and fell onto Ernie's bed in shock,
"Nev?" Harry asked softly.
"Don't bother," Caleb sighed.
"Took him an hour just to form vowels  this morning," Sleeping Beauty responded.
So Sleeping Beauty went back to sleep, already having lived through this conversation twice. Caleb and Harry decided to play a game of chess, and Neville sat with his mouth gaping open.

An hour or so later Neville closed his mouth.
"I-I-I-I," he sputtered.
"You aren't crazy," Caleb cut off Neville. "I am Harry Potter. He is Harry Potter. And that lump in the bed is also Harry Potter."
"H-h-h-h," Neville looked as though his eyes were going to pop out.
"Neville," Harry said softly "I know this is a lot to take in,"
"Ha!"
Harry winced and gently took Neville's hands in his own. Neville looked down at the hands as if trying to figure out if they were real.
"Have you ever heard of a time-turner?" Harry asked.
Neville nodded and looked up at Harry. Harry pulled the golden time turner out of his shirt and Neville looked horrified at it.
"You-you-you-you,"
"And now he has words!" Caleb said with annoyance.
"Caleb!" Harry exclaimed "have some empathy!"
"You have empathy!" Caleb said back "I already did this once!"
Neville stared back and forth between Harry and Caleb. Caleb sighed and slammed down on another bed.
"How'd you g-g-g"
"Dumbledore," Caleb said with annoyance "Dumbledore gave it to Harry. Harry does the day then goes back in time then I do the day over again as Caleb Scamander,"
Neville nodded and closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes again.
"So Harry Potter does the day, goes back in time, and does the day again?"
"As Caleb Scamander, yes," Harry said softly.
"Right."
The room was silent except the soft snores coming from behind Harry. Neville was taking this news extraordinarily well.
Neville stood up and walked towards the bedroom door.
"What are you doing?" Harry asked, standing up.
"I can't believe this," Neville said "I simply can't accept this!"
"Can't accept what?" Harry asked.
"Can't accept that you and him and him are all Harry Potter!" Caleb said at the same time as Neville.
Neville's face was a very disturbing shade of red.
"How did you?" Caleb and Neville said at the same time "Stop that! Quit it!"
Neville held his breath and Caleb raised an eyebrow.
"Supercalafragilisticexpialadocious!" The two said simultaneously. "Argh!"
"I told you," Caleb said "I've already had this conversation!"
"Alright, Alright," Neville sighed, returning to Ernie's bed.
Harry sighed and looked at Neville.
"Would you like to do it?" Harry asked, holding the second chain out to Neville.
Neville frowned and stared at the chain before nodding and putting the chain around his neck.
"One hour is one turn," Harry said turning the dial back.
The room around them blurred as they watched the conversation they just had reverse. Then their past counterparts left the room and it remained the same. When they finally felt time stop again Neville was looking around in surprise.
"We are exactly one hour in the past" Harry said, looking at Neville.
"Blimey," Neville said softly.
"Well everyone should be in class right now so I suppose it's safe enough to go for a walk, but remember it is very important that no one see you," Harry said.
"Alright," Neville agreed.

The two boys strolled around Hogwarts for an hour talking softly. They didn't see much in their time. A few portraits, Fred and George sneaking out of Filch's office and giggling, two sixth year Slytherin students snogging in a broom closet and Ginny Weasley writing in her diary on a staircase. For the most part it was a rather uneventful stroll. Neville asked very few questions and Harry happily supplied the answers. At the end of the hour they entered the Hufflepuff bedroom just as Harry and Neville disappeared.
"How'd it go?" Caleb asked with a roll of his eyes.
"As well as it did the first time I suppose," Harry responded.
"So why do you do this?" Neville finally asked.
"Been wondering that myself," Caleb said with a frown.
"Well, Dumbledore is doing it because he doesn't want us to be caught." Harry said.
"And Cadence is doing it because he wants us to have a normal childhood," Caleb added.
"And Newt?" Neville asked.
"Well... we don't actually know why Newt is having us do this. Cadence knows but he won't say why,"
"Well that's a bit odd," Neville said softly "you don't have a single clue?"
"The Peverall family has something to do with it," Harry admitted, "but we don't know what,"
"Peverall?" Newt asked "are you sure?"
"Definitely," Harry confirmed "the name keeps coming up."
"Hm... that is odd."
"Why? Who were the Peveralls?" Harry asked.
"No one knows," Neville admitted "they were supposedly these really famous brothers. There are even children's books written about them and almost every family in the wizarding world is related to them, but the odd thing is... there's no proof of them ever existing,"
"How is that possible?"
"No one knows," Neville said softly "they were told to be like shadows, coming and leaving without a trace," Neville leaned in and lowered his voice eerily "they were called 'Umbralux fratres'"
Harry looked at Caleb in the dark room, his eyes wide in amazement, he quickly turned back to Neville.
"The brothers of light shadows"
Neville leaned back and swallowed hard.
"I'd ask Ron if I were you,"
"Ron? Why?"
"Well his family are descendants from them," Neville said "not that that says much, most families are, but he may have been told stories as a kid about them,"
"Alright," Harry said "I'll ask Ron,"