Abaddon

Harry glanced up at the large castle from the carriage he sat in. He was surprised with his lack of emotions at the sight. Many people swore Hogwarts was a "wonder to behold" but to Harry the cold bricks and stone just formed another building where everyone left you. Neville sat by his side in the creaking carriage but they didn't speak to each other. Neville knew if he were to talk to Harry he would ask him endless questions about his sudden change in personality and the cruelness the boy had shown towards their friends.
Harry knew if he were to break the silence the topic of Christmas would come up and he would break down crying. Neither of them wanted that to happen.
Harry watched the black skin of the horses that pulled the carriage stretch and pull with every step. It was a nice distraction from the deep silence that surrounded them. He wanted to reach out and stroke the long leathery wings that the animal bore.
Suddenly a rattling sound came from behind him and Harry turned to watch as a blonde girl climbed into the carriage.
"Hello, Harry Potter" she said softly.
"Luna," Harry said with a smile.
"I'm surprised you remembered," she said with a small smile.
"How could I forget?" Images of dark shadows rising from the floorboards screaming for mercy make a shiver go down Harry's back.
Luna's eyes were unusually haunted, cold ghosts staring through them as she watched Harry with a soft smile.
"I know something about you that you don't know Harry Potter" she said with a sweet smile.
Harry had the sudden vision of fangs throughout Luna's smile and swallowed harshly.
"What do you know?" Harry asked, his arms stiff at his side.
Neville sat in the side of the carriage forgotten.
"You are Abaddon," Luna said with voice of wind.
"Who?" Harry asked, a headache forming behind his eyes.
Luna stiffened slightly and her eyes glazed over.
"He shall have the blood in heart and blood in mind,
The creature made of rune and sacrifice,
The creature of destiny and destruction.
And he shall mark enemies as friends
And friends he shall mark as enemies.
He will walk among us with time at his side and fire at his hand.
And those who are near shall die.
Those who are near shall die."

Tears stabbed through Harry's eyes as he watched Luna turn and climb out of the carriage.
Neville took a shakey breath and turned to look at his friend. Harry was pale. Sickeningly pale.
"What was that?" Harry asked in a tiny, vulnerable voice.
"That was a prophecy," Neville said softly. "A dark one."
"And prophecy's," Harry replied shakily, "do they always come true?"
Neville swallowed hard and looked beyond Harry towards the castle of Hogwarts.
"Yes."