.,.,.,.,.

"Dumbledore you need to stop this!" Snape shouted at the old man "I don't care about the what ifs, I dont care about his own good, I dont care about fucking Voldemort. This needs to end!" 

Snape stared at Dumbledore with complete fury glazing his eyes. Dumbledore sighed and rubbed his nose. 

"We already talked about this, Severus-"

"AND WE WILL KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS UNTIL YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!" Severus slammed his fist on the top of Dumbledore's desk, knocking a bottle of ink onto the headmaster's lap "he is a CHILD, ALbus! A little boy and he does NOT deserve what you are making him do!" 

"I know you're concerned,"

"I'm beyond concerned, I am FURIOUS" Snape cut him off "He is a child and he is going to break if you keep this going." Snape straightened to his full height and sighed. "You didn't see him, Dumbledore." 

Dumbledore flicked his wand and vanished the ink off his robe before responding. 

"He may need Caleb Scamander in the future" 

"He needs to be a child now," Snape said with a sigh. 

A warm feeling flooded his veins on his arm, growing to a hot blade and Snape slumped over to grab at it. Dumbledore stood up, his mouth open slightly. Snape pulled up his sleeve to reveal the dark mark covered in blisters, bursting open with pockets of blood. A green tint surrounded his arm and he grimaced in pain, looking up at Dumbledore. 

"You still think this is a good idea?" Snape asked through gritted teeth. "You-Know-Who will rise again"

"And Harry will need Caleb Scamander as a disguise when he does,"

"How do you even know you can trust them? How do you even know these people are who they say they are?" Snape asked angrily.

Blood dripped onto the floor, leaving a hiss in the silence. 

"You can't," Snape gasped softly. "You don't even know who they are do you?" 

"I know they don't intend to hurt him," 

"Not now, but in the future that could change," Snape glared into the old man's eyes "You foolish, arrogant creature. You put your trust into strangers over me. If that boy dies it will be on you. Please, please for the love of god, stop this." 

Dumbledore sighed and sat back down. 

"I can't, Severus."

"Then you've killed him." 

Dumbledore flinched at the accusation and watched Severus turn to walk out of the office. His head hit his palms and Dumbledore sighed heavily. So much over the last twelve years had dug into the man. He used to say so clearly what he was doing was right, but as time went on he wasn't sure anymore. Things were in motion that he had no control over, anymore and Dumbledore was exhausted. Truly exhausted and broken. The old man retreated to his room to curl up in bed. He wasn't god, he wasn't an inevitable savior. Society had expected so much of him for so long and now he just wanted to rest.