Training

Harry trudged through the snow carrying a heavy bucket full of hot oats. He limped through the slush and panted as he got closer to the gates of the enclosure. Grunting he lifted the steaming mush off the ground and attached it to the hook on the fence. Immediately the sound of hooves made their way towards him and he backed up into the fence in fright. Soft neighing near the left of him made his heart jump. It wasn't that he was afraid of horses, it was simply that he'd rather be able to see them. These animals were, simply put invisible. He watched as food disappeared from the bucket and quickly left through the gate, making sure it was latched properly behind him. He wiped his wet hands off on his trousers and sighed.
As he turned to get back into the jeep he'd driven there, Harry paused. The hair at his neck rose, goosebumps spread across his skin. He tensed and kept walking towards the vehicle. The sensation of magic around his skin making him frown. Harry looked at the car tires as if examining them and noticed a small shadow of a ball roll left. Harry ducked right. Suddenly a bright red ray of light shot past the spot where his head had been only moments before.
He growled in annoyance as he noticed the snow puddle he'd landed in and rolled under the car. Harry sighed and tried to slow his beating heart. He watched carefully around him for the sight of feet or the sound of crunching snow. Harry slowly pulled a large stick that was laying near his head towards himself. He winced as the gravel shifted under him.
"Wingardium leviosa!" Harry heard a loud voice call out. He felt the car shift before he saw it and quickly made to stand up with it.
Cadence stood nearby pointing his wand at the car and a long whip in his other hand. Harry took a step forward and swung the branch hard into Cadence's rib. The branch cracked in half with the impact and Harry immediately turned to run. A stinging sensation around his ankle and then the feeling of his leg being pulled out from under him. Harry kicked up at the tall young man, trying to knock in the back of his knees. Cadence growled in annoyance and pointed his wand at Harry's head.
"Bombar-" Harry rolled out of the way and got up off the ground, holding up his fists.
Cadence growled lower and dropped the whip in order to pull a long knife from his pocket. Harry swallowed and rushed forward in order to punch him in the stomach. The knife, held in a steady grip swung towards the boy's face and Harry ducked back letting out a squeak of fear. Cadence smirked. Harry straightened up and kicked Cadence in the stomach, making Cadence stumble backwards. Harry took a deep breath and grabbed Cadence's hair before pulling his head down to knee him in the face. The sound of Cadence's nose breaking made Harry wince. Cadence let out a yawp of anger and dropped the knife. Harry kicked the knife as far as he could away from Cadence. Cadence grabbed Harry's shirt and threw him on the ground. The air flew from Harry's lungs and Harry winced in pain. He looked up into brown eyes with horror as the wand pointed directly to his head. Cadence had his right arm pinned under heavy boots and Harry realized he wouldn't be able to roll away this time.
"Congratulations Harry," Cadence said, spitting blood into the snow "you're dead."
Cadence stepped back and pulled Harry off the ground and helped him stand. His face was smeared with blood and he rubbed his ribs in discomfort.
"You survived three minutes ," Cadence said picking up the leather whip from the ground and hanging it up on the fence. "thats two more than last time"
Harry groaned and rubbed the back of his head where it hit a rock.
"Thanks," he said bitterly, limping towards the knife nearby "but I disarmed you twice"
"Technically I dropped the whip on purpose," Cadence nodded, walking over to the jeep "but I still killed you"
Harry rolled his eyes and got into the jeep. These training sessions were going to kill him.

They made their way inside of the entrance hall of the house and winced their way to the dining room table where Newt was waiting with healing supplies.