Burning Crystal

Harry sat at the breakfast table staring down at the crystal ball in his lap and tuning out the conversation between Cadence and the maid who always seemed to be around their apartment. He held a small crystal sphere carefully in his lap, ignoring the food on his plate in order to stare at the multicolored blood floating inside of it. His blood. He stared down at the ball, gently rubbing the cool surface with the pad of his thumb. The cold ring that sat upon his finger clinked beautifully against the glass. His heart skipped a beat at the beautiful sound that sang for him. Warm wind blew softly through Harry's hair and he leaned back into it, feeling content in it's comforting grasp. Suddenly, like tires screaming against pavement a voice ripped Harry from his meditation.
"Harry what do you have there?" Prudence asked, reaching over to touch the shiny ball in his lap.
Harry's hand snatched out and grabbed her small wrist without his eyes moving from the crystal. He tightened his grip around the frail bones with ease. She let out a cry of pain as his grip bruised her delicate wrists.
"Ow that hurts!" She said with tears in her eyes as his grip continuously tightened.
Like coming out of a trance Harry's eyes snapped to Prudence's and he let go violently with a gasp.
"I'm so sorry, Prudence," he said to the crying child "I don't know what came over me," 
Prudence rubbed her wrist gently, a black handprint wrapped around her pale skin.
"It's fine," she whispered, going back to staring at her food.
Harry looked over to see Cadence staring at Harry with an expression that said with clenched teeth 'get out before I do something I regret' an expression Harry was very familiar with this nonverbal warning and he stood up from the table quickly, scraping his chair against the hard floor. He held the crystal tightly in his grip and switched between the angry gazes of the two adults. His green eyes filled with tears.
"I'm sorry," he whispered, running up to his bedroom and locking the door behind him.
He slid to the floor in front of the door. His thin arms wrapped around his tiny frame. The tears spilling over his gaunt cheeks. One hand rested on the burning ball. His head was back against the door, eyes clenched shut. Warmth surrounded the boy like flames and Harry didnt notice when his fist covered itself with large flames. He was too busy mourning the loss of the small amount of hope he had left.