Not the vacation he imagined

Harry sighed as he watched Newt run out of the house on another errand. Cadence walked through the kitchen talking on a muggle phone and holding up a finger at Harry. Harry sighed and laid his head on the kitchen table. He had been back for an hour already and no one had said hello to him.
"Yes I understand the importance, Prime Minister but I cannot be able to capture a giant monkey and put it back to it's proper size before your niece's birthday party starts in ten minutes no matter what your job is!" Cadence growled with annoyance and pulled half of Harry's tuna sandwich off the plate "Well maybe next time you won't let a toddler use your wand as a chew toy!"
Harry let out a sigh making Cadence pause.
"Look I know you've only just got back, Harry," Cadence said covering the microphone with his hand "but yule time is when idiots decide to buy rare pets for their children and do nothing to prepare them on how to take care of them. There are a lot of accidents you understand. Why don't you go relax and watch tv or play on your computer or go on the snowmobiles or something" Cadence turned back to the phone "Yeah, I'm still here. Look all I'm saying is that it might take up to an hour to trap the animal,"
"An hour?!" Harry heard from the phone "the party starts in-"
"An hour or find someone else!" Cadence yelled back through the phone.
Harry rolled his eyes and took the rest of his sandwich into the living room. He flipped the knob on the tv and pushed through the channels till he found cartoons.
Why do adults have to be so busy all the time he wondered before getting sucked into a show called Spirited Away.

Harry waited at the dinner table for someone to come eat with him.
A small pop at his side made him tense and close his eyes. A soft breath at his side.
"I don't believes theys coming Master Harry," Lawrence said softly.
Harry clenched his jaw and stayed silent. The scent of cold chicken and noodles was growing faint in the room as the more time passed.
"Shall I clean the table?" Lawrence asked softly
"No," Harry said "they said they'd be home for dinner,"
Harry heard the elf leave and opened his eyes to stare at the clock nearby. It was nearly nine and they had said they'd be home at eight. Harry swallowed hard. They'd be there. He was sure of it.

Harry laid in his bed in total darkness yet his eyes would not close. Every muscle in his body burned from betrayal. He heard the front door open and shut and tensed. He had ordered the house elves not to clear the table and hoped the sight of cold forgotten food would remind the two of the cold forgotten child they'd left alone all day.
This was not how he had wanted his first day of vacation to go and bitterly he realized this would not be the vacation he imagined.