Quidditch

Harry and Cadence happily strolled between shops the rest of the day. By the afternoon Harry had loaded his bags filled with books and puzzles, toys and candy into Lawrence's awaiting arms. The house elf smiled in amusement as he spotted a book about quidditch lying on top of one of the bags.
"Master has become interested in sport?" The house elf asked smiling.
Cadence looked at the house elf with a soft frown. He turned to look at Harry and looked him over.
"Caleb you know about sports," he said softly "you don't need the extra attention,"
Harry nodded and looked at Cadence with a small frown.
"I know," he said softly "It's just for reading that's all,"
Cadence bit his lip in thought and turned back to the pointy eared elf.
"Bring his things to his room, he can put them away when we get back,"
Lawrence bowed low and disappeared with a pop. Harry sighed and looked up at Cadence with a frown.
"I don't see why I can't just try out for the team," he said with a soft whine.
"Caleb," Cadence said with a warning tone.
"I know, but come on what's the harm in trying out?"
"Caleb!" Cadence said sharply.
"Come on it's not even that big of a deal," Caleb whined softly.
Cadence looked around them to make sure no one was watching before roughly grabbing Harry's shirt collar and pushing him into a nearby alley way. Anger flashed through Cadence's dark eyes as he roughly pinned Harry against the wall.
"Oh yeah?" He growled "it's not a big deal to be on a broomstick hundreds of feet in the air with nothing preventing you from falling? It's not a big deal that kids not much younger than me will be trying to kick your ass every time you play? It's not a big deal that you'll likely break every bone in your body by the time the season is out? And what about Caleb Scamander huh? Wont it be odd if he suddenly stops showing up to every game? When every Hufflepuff attends the game to show support? When EVERY HUFFLEPUFF STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND? Don't you think people will notice? And what about your studies Harry? What you going to fail your classes over a stupid game?"
"No!" Harry yelled back, pushing Cadence's arms off his chest "I'm not stupid, Cay I can do it!"
"You will not be doing it!" Cadence said furiously.
"It's just a game, Cadence!" Harry yelled back with just as much fury.
"A game that you will not be playing and that is that," Cadence said turning to walk out of the alley.
"James would have let me," Harry mumbled softly.
Cadence stopped in his tracks and turned to look coldly at Harry.
"James Potter isn't here anymore," he said softly "I'm your brother. I say no,"
"JAMES WOULD HAVE LET ME!" Harry yelled with tears in his eyes.
"WELL JAMES IS DEAD, HARRY!" Cadence yelled back "HE ISN'T HERE! He is the one who tried to fight you-know-who without even a wand! WITHOUT A WAND HARRY! And you think he is smart enough to rely on when it comes to your safety in sports!?"
Harry let out a small sob and looked down at his feet, refusing to look at his adoptive brother.
"It is not safe, Harry," Cadence said softly.
"You're the one who wanted me to have a normal childhood," Harry said softly.
Cadence closed his eyes and sighed.
"Not," he said weakly "at the expense of your safety,"
Harry wiped at his face and nodded once before following Cadence out of the secluded alley. He had originally planned to buy his school things while they were out, but both boys were tired and they disapparated back to the manor the second they stepped out of the alley.