Loony Luna Lovegood

Harry and Ron looked up surprised when the door slammed open and two girls entered in a rush. Hermione threw her bag at Ron, slamming into the seat next to him with a huff. Harry looked up at the brown haired girl with surprise and she turned to glare at him.

"Don't you start," she warned, with a shrieking voice.

Harry winced and nodded, turning to look at the floor. An invisible hand reached over and squeezed his wrist in comfort.

"Jeez, Mione," Ron said, sitting up straighter and adjusting her book bag in  his lap "the man didn't even say anything yet!"

Hannah threw Harry an apologetic glance before sitting down next to him. The two girls were beginning to fill out and Harry noticed that Hannah had even shed a few pounds that summer. Her brown hair had also lightened in color leaving it a dirty blonde. Hermione likewise had her hair lighten slightly with highlights. She hadn't developed as much as the other girls yet, but Harry was not idiotic enough to mention it to the girl. He did notice that Ron had noticed but despite the Weasley's earlier comments about the Cornwell girl's chest, Ron blushed and seemed to sigh in relief at seeing the bookworm hadn't changed much physically excepting the metal braces that now went across her teeth.

"What's the matter," Ron asked, "Do you want some chocolate from the trolley? I'll buy you some,"

Harry looked at Ron with confusion and the boy shrugged.

"My mum gets this way sometimes," he mumbled "chocolate helps,"

"No, Ronald I don't need chocolate!"

Harry winced and focused on the hand holding his wrist in attempt to calm himself.

"Hermione has just realized that the old Hufflepuff head-boy graduated last year and she's sore about it," Hannah said softly into Harry's ear.

"Todd?" Harry asked, raising his gaze from the floor "You fancied Todd?"

Hermione blushed bright red and immediately turned her gaze to the door.

"Oh, look it's Neville!" She said, raising her voice "Neville come sit with us!"

Neville looked really confused and walked into the already mostly filled compartment, followed by a blonde girl. Harry looked up for a second before jumping up to his feet in surprise.

"Luna!" He exclaimed with a surprised face.

"Hello, Harry," she returned as everyone looked at the usually withdrawn both in shock.

"How-how are you?" Harry asked, blushing profusely "how's your father? Oh, I'm sorry. Please, Have a seat,"

Harry gestured to the spot he was just sitting in and blushed even more. Luna smiled and blushed lightly as well, taking the offered seat.  Hannah was also a slight shade of red and Hermione's temper from before seemed like nothing compared to the rage that was glued to Hannah Abbott. Neither Harry nor Luna picked up on the girl's discomfort.  Neville sat down next to Hermione. The remaining two looked uncomfortable with the turn of events.

"Oh!" she said looking to her right and smiling down at the tiny invisible elf "hello."

Ron and Hermione looked at each other in confusion while Hannah merely 'humphed'.

"My father is well," Luna was responding with a smile "His magazine just wrote an article on Wazzburts that brought in three new customers!"

"That's excellent, Luna," Harry said, smiling widely.

The other four looked at each other confused with the miniscule achievement. Harry reached for his bag and pulled out a box from inside  of it.

"Here, Luna I've got something that you would just adore," he said with a large smile.

He opened the plain white box to reveal several large shatters of what looked like colored window panes. She smiled and let out a small gasp as she lifted the delicate creation out of the paper box. Harry smiled bigger somehow and she giggled as she observed it.

"Here, hold it up to the sunlight," he instructed, gently lifting her arm so she had it held up against the sun.

Her white dress was suddenly splattered with an array of rainbows that floated about in a way that made the girl squeal in excitement. The clear piece of glass she held in her hand glistened in the sunlight and the girl pulled it closer to her face to look through it at the distorted image of the raven haired boy. His smile was stretched and rounded in a way that made Luna almost snort through her nose.

"It's amazing, Harry," she said with a smile "Beautiful even. What is it?"

"That's the interesting part," Harry said taking a red shard from the box and holding it up to her mouth. "lick it,"

Without hesitation Luna stuck out her little tongue and licked the glass before letting out another excited squeal of joy.

"it tastes of raspberries!" She exclaimed.

"it's called sugar glass," Harry explained "muggle bakers use it to decorate cakes. It is made of sugar and water."

"Interesting," Luna whispered, gently licking the clear glass.

"be careful not to cut yourself," Harry said, looking at her mouth "you don't want to make that pretty mouth bleed."

The image of her mouth getting cut open on either side from the glass she held flashed across his eyes and a part deep inside of him shuddered with delight at the idea of it. Luna stared at Harry with wide eyes. He growled softly at the fear inside of them loud enough for the girl to hear the predatory longing in his voice. She swallowed hard.

"I won't cut myself, Harry," she said softly "I'll be careful."

"Good girl," Harry said lowly.

He straightened up, suddenly remembering the other members of the compartment who were looking very confused and one who looked pissed.

"Would anyone else like a piece?" He lamely asked.