Getting it

Dear Draco,
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the vacation your family had invited me to join this summer. I apologize for the disappointment, but my guardian decided I have to stay home to focus on my muggle studies (maths, science, english and history) for the summer. He says that Magic can only help so much and he'd like to know I can be successful in the muggle world if needed. I know you were probably excited for the trip. I hope you still have a fun time without me.
I'll see you at Hogwarts next month
Caleb Scamander
Draco sighed and dropped the letter into his desk, on top of the pile of similar letters. He had completely forgotten that he had asked Caleb to join his family to their vacation and in retrospect he was glad Caleb had decided not to join. Things would be awkward enough with his parents pretending to be happy together on the trip. The young glad grimaced as he imagined how much his mother would drink on the vacation and how many times his father would disappear. Draco frowned and out of habit he threw opened his desk and pulled out the letters he had received that summer to read them over once more. Well wishes from Blaise, Check ins from Caleb, a few cards from Crabbe and Goyle stating only the words "Candy attached" or "Happy summer," a few sparse letters from Pansy talking about how her trips to Paris went and one rather long one about a hat she had bought. He paused at the singular one he had received from Harry Potter.
Draco,
I'm sorry that I couldn't receive your letters this past week. I was out of range for owls. I hope you didn't send many. Please forgive me I didn't mean to be rude.
Harry
Ps: Would you mind sending me the letters I missed?
Draco frowned even more reading the letters. Where the hell was "out of range of owls"? Owls went wherever they damn well pleased! Draco sighed and opened the other bundle of letters he had written that summer, wondering if he should send them to Harry. The stack wasn't very large, only holding about twenty letters or so. He sighed and flipped through them as well. Each were addressed simply as Harry and were a different shade of faded ink. He sighed again and started spacing out as he flipped through the cards once more. Familiar yellow parchment branded only by green ink allowing his mind to wander over his past year of Hogwarts and all the strange things that had happened. Harry rejecting his offer of friendship, Harry constantly disappearing, meeting his friend Caleb, Caleb and Harry both disappearing constantly, going to search for... well one of the two boys. Over hearing Quirell and his godfather arguing in the hallway and following Quirell around. Watching Quirell talking to himself in the bathroom and getting creeped out. Caleb punching Ron Weasley and throwing him across the hall. Researching accidental magic, though that hadn't helped much. Following Quirell into the third floor corridor. Seeing Ron Weasley and Dean Thomas daring Neville Longbottom to go into the third floor corridor. Fighting them off from the wing, suspicious of Quirell. Going into the room and seeing a giant three headed dog. Falling through a hole in the floor. Being trapped in Devil's Snare and the Chess game and the potions and keys. Fighting Quirell and seeing his father in the Mirror of Erised holding the Sorcerers Stone. Feeling the stone in the pocket. Jumping through fire to get away from Quirell. Giving the stone to Weasley. Running. Always Running. Being watched by Quirell. Caleb disappearing. Quirell grabbing Draco, dragging him towards the dungeons in the middle of the night. About to be tortured. Suddenly, Harry appears and saves him. That odd conversation about the Scamander's.
Again that phrase went through the blonde child's mind.
"Newt Scamander took you in," he whispered softly, his eyes clenched closed as he remembered the high pitched voice that sent shivers down his spine "and now Dumbledore wants to take you away,"
Draco opened his eyes to look at the last letter in the pile. Yellow parchment, Green ink and.... red stains?