3 | OMERTA

N Y X

. . .

"I already know
How this is gonna go
Tell me to calm down

Tell me to calm down again"
. . .

"What are we waiting for? Let's kill her already"

"Then how we will get the documents?"

"Seriously? She is too beautiful to be dead"

"What's going on in your brain Ace?"

"She looks weird"

While my eyes were still closed, I huffed and pulled the duvet over my head to block their voices. This was the first time I was hearing unnecessary and unfamiliar voices in my room however, I decided to ignore them and focused on my sleep as my eyelids were too heavy to be opened. I thought pulling over the duvet may help to suppress their voices but I could still hear them.

"I told you she was weird, normal people don't sleep like that after going through stuff like that."

My jaw clenched in irritation and suddenly I felt pain in my head and my chest or should I say thorax? I was getting that feeling when you don't understand what the fuck was happening around you. I ignored everything and took a deep breath, as I inhaled a foreign fragrance came in contact with my nostrils. Then I realised that the bed I was lying in was softer than my own bed, indicating that neither it was my bed nor I was in my room. I tightly closed my eyes and tried to get my head wrapped around the entire situation. I got a sense of uncertainty, with millions of questions popping up in my brain, I hissed in pain when I tried to recall everything from the last night.

Baseball bat

Gunshots

Screams

Shit!

I abruptly sat straight on the bed "Son of a wanker! What the fuck happened? Where is my family?" I panicked and checked myself to make sure I was okay. I looked up and saw the same three men, whom I met in Mr Malik's flat.

My jaw dropped while my eyes widened "Y'all?" I exclaimed, I wasn't sure if I should be relieved that they had spared my life or concerned that my family was in danger. Hold on, isn't it possible that my family is also here? What if these men are the actual danger to my life?

"Surprise motherfuckers" the raven-headed replied mirroring my same expression, causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"Why am I here? And where-"

"Woman, we don't have any hearing problem, keep it down" the green-eyed man said without showing any emotions.

I ignored him just like he ignored my question and asked "How did I end up here and Where is hell is my family, they are safe right?"

"Stop screeching" he complained, he looked behind me "King can I leave the room, this woman is making me insane" he asked. I turned my head and as my sight landed upon him, the Greek god's lips twitched into a smirk, causing me to grimace. The green-eyed man gladly left the room after receiving a nod from the Greek god. Gross, I should stop calling him that! He is not that handsome!